RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am to the point of almost ordering a 8.5x16 with a 7.5’ interior height enclosed trailer to convert into a minimalist toy hauler. I have been running a GDE hot tune since my truck had 3000 miles. But it appears my tuned ECU might be failing and has become unreliable, but my stock tune with the AEM is working as it should.

My question: is it safe to tow with the AEM? Should I shelf this project for a while until I can figure things out?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
What is the tuned ECM doing that leads you to believe it's going bad?

You can tow with the AEM tuned ECM, just know that the EGR is active and you'll be ingesting a lot of soot into the motor. Have you considered going with another tune on the stock ECM?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the tuned ECM doing that leads you to believe it's going bad?

You can tow with the AEM tuned ECM, just know that the EGR is active and you'll be ingesting a lot of soot into the motor. Have you considered going with another tune on the stock ECM?
I'm getting P062B and P060A codes repeatedly.
From the GDE's email response
"

P060A-00​
Internal Control Module Monitoring Processor Performance-
P062B-00​
Internal Control Module Fuel Injector Control Performance-

I have not seen those codes before on this vehicle, but they look to be an internal ecm issue. Have you checked for bent pins on the ecm? Could be an injector driver issue on the board, which would mean a failing ecm."

Are you switching out ECMs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I am, I bought another one outright when I purchased the tune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts