RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned in another post, I've always trusted my trucks/suvs to BFG All Terrain K/Os. They have never let me down, however I have the itch to try out something new.

Looking for opinions on the Toyo Open Country AT II? They are cheaper then the KOs and weigh alot less also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have them on my 2011 Crew cab. HBS 2.5 level and 275 65 20 on stock wheels. No complaints at all. IMO this is how it should look from the factory. As a comparison I've put a lot of miles on the BFG's and def prefer the Toyo's ... So does my wallet.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ever think about michelin tires I have used them for years and they run soo quiet and smooth, it says a lot that when they go to balance them often they only take a half OZ from new, I find they are just a really quality made tire!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ever think about michelin tires I have used them for years and they run soo quiet and smooth, it says a lot that when they go to balance them often they only take a half OZ from new, I find they are just a really quality made tire!
And the price tag speaks for itself.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
They really aren't that much more... like anything in life you get what you pay for... especially tires!! you got your family in there/friends... safety and comfort should be paramount decisions in buying a tire... no?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I mean let's be honest here anyone buying a brand new truck is not hurting for money...if they were we would be buying used!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you post a few pics? That's the exact tire size I'm looking at. I'd really like to see the width of the tire, so a front or back shot would be awesome.

I have them on my 2011 Crew cab. HBS 2.5 level and 275 65 20 on stock wheels. No complaints at all. IMO this is how it should look from the factory. As a comparison I've put a lot of miles on the BFG's and def prefer the Toyo's ... So does my wallet.

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
My price is Canadian and I think after taxes and shipping it will be around the same price from where I can get my rubber. Thanks for the link il be looking into it

·
Registered
177 Posts
On every SUV and pick up my wife and I have owned, we put Michelin LTZ on after the OEM tires have worn out. Get about 80,000 miles out of a set. Got close to 90,000 miles out of set on my GMC 2500HD crew cab with 6'4" box. You get what you pay for. Will do the same on my ED.

·
Registered
274 Posts
On every SUV and pick up my wife and I have owned, we put Michelin LTZ on after the OEM tires have worn out. Get about 80,000 miles out of a set. Got close to 90,000 miles out of set on my GMC 2500HD crew cab with 6'4" box. You get what you pay for. Will do the same on my ED.
I put MS/2 on my Chevy 1500 and got 40K HARD miles out of them, they were XL load Pmetric and not LT tires, if so I'm sure I'd have gotten some more miles out of them. For my F250 I'm switching over to the Michelin AT/2 as these Goodyear Wranglers wear out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have had good luck with the LT General Grabber AT2 tires on my last 3 trucks. Wear and ride have been excellent, low noise, and they have a similar tread pattern as the BFGs but at a fraction of the price. I immediately put a set of load range E on my Ram. After hauling and trailering with passenger car tires and LT tires, I could never go back to passenger tires. Truck doesn't seem to ride any rougher with empty loads.

grabber_at2_3_4_product.png

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had a set of at2's on my 2500. They are an excellent tire that I would buy again. Snow traction was very impressive, they held up to the weight of the 2500, and they were very quiet - a really nice tire

·
Registered
33 Posts
Few more pictures of the EcoDiesel with the Grabbers.

20140418_111029.jpg
20140418_110225.jpg

·
Registered
362 Posts
Great looking truck BWCAW. I almost went with the prairie pearl coat. Love that color. Where are you from? I'm from MN. Is your name referring to the boundary waters? What size tire did you go with your general grabbers? I was also looking at BFG KO A/T. You seemed to like these as much as those? What was the stock tire that came with your 17"s???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts