RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck will be arriving shortly with the tow mirrors. My mistake in ordering them.:( I have limited parking and never tow.

I would love to trade for a pair of the power folding heated mirrors that come standard on most trucks from Laramie and up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I MIGHT be interested. Will they fold in like my current ones do? I got the laramie and the mirrors have the chrome covers. I'm in Thornton.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The tow mirrors don't power fold. AND... there have been guys who tried to swap the OEM folders, and they can't get them to work. You have to remember, EVERYTHING in this truck is controlled by a computer. So, simply swapping the mirrors doesn't mean the computer knows they are there.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
You will need to swap out the mirror controls also, the power fold feature is on the non towing mirrors only. So if your truck was ordered with the tow mirror you will need the mirror control pod otherwise you will not have the fold in button. They should not require a ecm flash to make them work just the correct mirror control pod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts