RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited 3 different very large dealerships and spoken directly with GM level individuals. Two of which test drove and put a value of $27,000 and $27,500 (owe $12K) on my LL which did cause them some issues because of the low mileage, the comps were all much higher. The truck I am looking to purchase was the same one that was located at one of their lots to make the comparison easier. The Limited 2020 EcoDiesel was sticker priced at $74,155.00. Attached is the best deal I received from the dealer where I purchased my truck. They actually called FCA to get additional allowances. The final price on the 2020 was $61,000.00.

Have some decisions to make. My truck is paid off in 13 months.

Attached is the dealer workup sheet, sticker and notes:

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Has it given you any issues? Why not keep it pay it off and save for a year or two just to see if they've fixed all the Ed issues theyve been having? That's my two cents anyways. I was gonna buy an Ed in 2015 but opted for hemi for towing capacity.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has it given you any issues? Why not keep it pay it off and save for a year or two just to see if they've fixed all the Ed issues theyve been having? That's my two cents anyways. I was gonna buy an Ed in 2015 but opted for hemi for towing capacity.

That’s the dilemma. I still have the 8/120 until 2023 Sept 3rd or 120,0150. I just turned 26K miles. Found out 2 months ago I did not have the GDE tune so that complicated my decision.

I just need to see all options and this helped me see where we stand with the ED.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
That’s the dilemma. I still have the 8/120 until 2023 Sept 3rd or 120,0150. I just turned 26K miles.

Oh man I'd keep it then. You have 3 yrs left of warranty one year left of payments so it's literally no risk for you at that point. See if they straightened everything out and then get one. Usually the first year of a new engine is an experimental one anyways year 2 is when they start slightly modifying everything.

·
Registered
399 Posts
So roughly 50k in new debt to get roughly the same truck. My .02 cents is keep your truck with the warranty for at least 1 more year. After that year the newest Ecodiesel will have had a year to see if it has issues. As well as the Ford and GM diesels will have had a year proving time. The prices will adjust on all three diesels after one year.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh man I'd keep it then. You have 3 yrs left of warranty one year left of payments so it's literally no risk for you at that point. See if they straightened everything out and then get one. Usually the first year of a new engine is an experimental one anyways year 2 is when they start slightly modifying everything.

I’m leaning in that direction. My truck is spotless, train horns and many other added options. After the fix go north and get the HD tune.

I hope my visit and steps helps others make their decision. If offered over 30K I might still be there. Lol.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I’m leaning in that direction. My truck is spotless, train horns and many other added options. After the fix go north and get the HD tune.

I hope my visit and steps helps others make their decision. If offered over 30K I might still be there. Lol.

Yeah that's a different story. If you got more for it it'd be more worth while. An extra 15g is a nice chunk to pay the new one down. Plus the mods and I have a feeling your kinda partial to your truck too. Lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
I’m with you.... I’m trying to decide if I keep my ED (2016 Outdoorsman crew cab, 3:92,67,000 miles) after the fix. On one hand I’ve had it that my truck has been stuck at the dealer since 12/14. On the other hand I’ve had the title in my safe for about 6 months and don’t particularly care to have a payment again. I’ve got 14 mos or 33,000 miles left on the power train warranty and of course the AEM warranty until 2026. Then again the Silverado trail boss is a good looking truck....

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
My 2016 LL has 127000 miles, egr has been deleted (leaking EGR cooler removed and deleted) since 60000 miles and GDE tuned at the same time. No warranty, runs better than new, gets better fuel economy than any other manufacturer 1500 on the road, no payments. This truck will run for another 150,000 miles. No decisions to make. Love your truck.....just keep hating FCA.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have no comment on this thread. $61k for a half ton truck sounds insane to me, but I'm more of a Tradesman sort of guy.
Actual sticker was $74K. Which is ridiculous. This Post has nothing to do with price but to demonstrate the crap situation we are in. I had to compare with a comparable truck. Many have asked about trade in value. Also if you push the dealer they will get additional allowances.

Nothing wrong with a Tradesman, but that’s why there are multiple models to pick from. To each his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
I paid 63k out the door for a new 2012 denali hd with a dmax and a 10 year 120k warranty tags tax everything... it was a 4x4 short bed crew cab fully loaded for that year. 8 years and trucks are now a lot more....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 2500 Laramie. CTD.
1,138 Posts
My 2cents. Enabling bad behavior is exactly what one does by buying a 2020 ED. FCA is doing all they can to make this train wreck go away. No engines. No EGR. Reluctor debacle. Not supporting buy back clause in the settlement.EVEN A MIDDLE FINGER TO ALL WHO WANT TO TRADE IN THE MONSTER THEY CREATED.
Respect is earned gents. Lots of choices, let a new wave of gullible folks learn the hard way like we did.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My 2cents. Enabling bad behavior is exactly what one does by buying a 2020 ED. FCA is doing all they can to make this train wreck go away. No engines. No EGR. Reluctor debacle. Not supporting buy back clause in the settlement.EVEN A MIDDLE FINGER TO ALL WHO WANT TO TRADE IN THE MONSTER THEY CREATED.
Respect is earned gents. Lots of choices, let a new wave of gullible folks learn the hard way like we did.
Agree 100%. I went fact finding, what’s my truck worth and how hard can I push all parties involved. All my time was spent while servicing other trucks. Fire In A Truck will always have parts issues.

I must admit, it’s a good time to buy one of these. Lol

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have to agree, there's no way in hell I'd buy another FCA product in the near future, especially an ED.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have to agree, there's no way in hell I'd buy another FCA product in the near future, especially an ED.
I goda say in with you there. I can't wait till my truck is paid off so I can go buy a used gm. Atleast when I break that parts are 1/2 the price! And performance parts aren't insanely priced either!
Fcais really $hitting the bed here.

·
Registered
2017 1500 Tradesman Ecodiesel 4x4 Quad Cab 3.55 Gears
992 Posts
I have no comment on this thread. $61k for a half ton truck sounds insane to me, but I'm more of a Tradesman sort of guy.
I'm with you there on the Tradesman, lighter, better cooling, and black plastic that is easy to clean off the dog dribble. I'm going to drive mine around until there is a last year's model for sale, for less money. I only own $1050, that will be paid off next month.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Actual sticker was $74K. Which is ridiculous. This Post has nothing to do with price but to demonstrate the crap situation we are in. I had to compare with a comparable truck. Many have asked about trade in value. Also if you push the dealer they will get additional allowances.

Nothing wrong with a Tradesman, but that’s why there are multiple models to pick from. To each his own.

For sure. Sorry if that came off rude. It was supposed to come off jealous, which I am.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Want vs Need?

This thread is kind of funny...

Why does anybody buy a new vehicle? Well, It's always because they want one or because they need one.

Not everyone will get the same deal on the same vehicle. Some will negotiate well, others not so well.

Everyone's situation is different. Some will think a tradesman is expensive as hell, others will not blink an eye at the price of a limited. Asking others for opinions to keep or trade is futile.

The real question to ask yourself here is what can you afford and what do you want...or need?

I personally like nice things and I like to keep them for as long as I can. I bought the most truck I could afford and got the longest warranty available at the time. When the warranty is up, that is when I will look again...but that's just me.

You do you and make the decision that is right for you...and remember, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Want vs Need?

This thread is kind of funny...

Why does anybody buy a new vehicle? Well, It's always because they want one or because they need one.

Not everyone will get the same deal on the same vehicle. Some will negotiate well, others not so well.

Everyone's situation is different. Some will think a tradesman is expensive as hell, others will not blink an eye at the price of a limited. Asking others for opinions to keep or trade is futile.

The real question to ask yourself here is what can you afford and what do you want...or need?

I personally like nice things and I like to keep them for as long as I can. I bought the most truck I could afford and got the longest warranty available at the time. When the warranty is up, that is when I will look again...but that's just me.

You do you and make the decision that is right for you...and remember, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one.
This had nothing to do with price. I agree with you.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts