RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,560 Posts
This morning on Heart Radio, listening while doing a bicycle ride, that was a major topic. As HVAC discussed above, low inflation and low vehicle used prices.

Great time to buy a used Ecodiesel. Consider this an opportunity to buy. For those owners looking to sell, keep and maybe tune for reliability. The new ones will not be out for months so best you keep and see how things might be next year. Those that make more than one payment can also save to make smaller payments. Just might be a win win.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Its about time the Used car market took a dump. The last 3 trucks I bought I shopped new and used and bought new every time.

I had a 2011 chevy 1500 crew cab z71 I bought it for $28,000 and change brand new. In 2013 we bought my wife a ford escape and what do you know on the lot they had a used 2011 chevy 1500 crew cab z71 with 63,000 miles on it... wait for it.... wait for it... with a price of $36,000. Someone got $u#[email protected] HARD on that one.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think they're in line with the other manufacturers. They just have an artificially inflated MSRP.

Everyone buys their truck for at least $10k off sticker, then turns around and compares their resale value to the sticker instead of what they actually paid for it (what the truck was actually worth). IMO RAM doesn't depreciate any more than Ford or Chevy.
Well said

·
Registered
59 Posts
Late August 2019, I dropped into a small mom and pop multi line store and they popped me a 24700 acv on my ride, 2016 quad 4x2 Laramie with high line leer cap, high dollar boards... here it is 15 October, about 2 weeks ago, I slid into a different Chrysler franchise, they touched, tasted, felt up and down and rode and drove my truck, they hit me at 23000, now here's the real bite, yesterday, a dealer that I have known a good 15 years up near Wichita, he called me to let me know, he can now order the 2020 3 liter power house, then over the phone, site unseen, what's my 2016 worth to ya.... when he hit me with $19K, I had to grab my nitro bottle and knock down 3 or 4 pills to avoid having a heart attack... after leaving the service in 1981, I survived the ups and downs of the auto industry for almost 18 years, the lessons learned was the fact that a market can change a bit over a 90 day period, but damn, a 25% downward drop in less than 60 days... I couldn't believe it... Steel prices are down, Salvage prices are way down per ton, and yet, the price of a new unit climbs a good $10K within 4 years... pfffsssttt… I can't find my phone, gotta call BS on this one... the other complaint, FCA says the motor is available, but know prices posted on Price build, and the air suspension and hinged tail gate, only available with a short box... short box's do not hold 6' or 7' long fishing rods... I can't even lay down flat in a short box... my transit connect micro wagon/ van has 6' of length from the back of the front seats to the gate, and it can hold an 8' rod and reel and my dog...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts