RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

New to Ram World! And the Forum - What a resource! Recently picked up my 15' EcoDiesel but have been unable to differentiate among the airflow dial's 9 settings (on the far right, pictured here).

20151208_174052.jpg 20151208_174104.jpg .

Obviously I know what the vent pics do, but I can't figure out what the small dots either above or below the pics do - the salesperson even seemed stumped, esp with so many being fully automatic now. Some have suggested the dot is a midway point, but not sure that is the case when I try different settings. Any thoughts, tips most appreciated! thanks - BN

·
Registered
829 Posts
Good question. I've got the same thing. I just run mine on the symbols. Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here. Some members are very knowledgable. I suggest reading key threads on the Regeneration process if you are not familiar with it. Your truck enters this event regularly and most of the past issues surround this system in one way or the other. If your up to it, change your own oil. It will save you a lot of money and the dealer won't have a chance of dumping the wrong oil in your truck. Jay.

·
Registered
13,577 Posts
I have the same thing. Always assumed I should run them on the symbols. Tried in between where those dots are. Thought it was a mix of the two adjoining things. Cannot be sure as I sometimes find all my vents in the middle and passenger side turned off because my wife cannot take any cold air blowing on here. She has less meat on her bones than shows in those symbols.

There second one up on the left is all you really need. If the windows are a problem, then use the 2nd one from the right. That's all they really needed to have put in their anyhow.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Confucius say, when in doubt read f***ing manual for pearls of wisdom.

climate.jpg

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the group as mentioned above a lot of good reading to be done here. If you can't find the topic that answers your question post up and several here will help guide you in the right direction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks folks for the super quick responses, much appreciated! I must have looked in my manual a dozen times and missed it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
So the manual dials come with the lower option radio I was thinking it came with a higher model. I have a SLT and is the only thing I don't like about my truck, NO DIALS. I'm a believer that with out the dials it is a distraction, trying to adjust the heat while driving.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
So the manual dials come with the lower option radio I was thinking it came with a higher model. I have a SLT and is the only thing I don't like about my truck, NO DIALS. I'm a believer that with out the dials it is a distraction, trying to adjust the heat while driving.
I am glad that I am not the only person who feels this way. R'amen brother. When I am not alone, I ask the pretty co-pilot what I would like for HVAC changes.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
I am glad that I am not the only person who feels this way. R'amen brother. When I am not alone, I ask the pretty co-pilot what I would like for HVAC changes.
You mean you ask the pretty co-pilot what you would like for HVAC changes, and she adjusts them to HER liking? ;)
I have one of those as well lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
I too, prefer having a DIALogue with my truck vs push buttons or, worse yet, touch screens. I do appreciate Ram's efforts to at least apply some redundant controls, unlike some where all you get is the touchscreen. What were the engineers thinking? Oh, right, lower the costs. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts