RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-

I am putting together my "wish list" build sheet, and had some questions about the differences between trim levels. My desire is to keep costs low (around 40k for a 4WD Quad Cab), so I started out looking at the Tradesman package. By the time I put in all the options I want, it comes out about the same as a similarly spec'd Bighorn. All else being equal, I'm willing to spend an additional few hundred bucks for the body color/chrome bumpers if nothing else...but I know not all else is equal! For example, the Tradesman comes standard with a spray-in bedliner (right?) while the Bighorn does not.

My quesion is-does anybody have a full list of standard options/codes for each trim level? I can't find it on the Ram website, and this would make comparison shopping a lot easier.

Thanks for the help! Looking forward to posting back once I put the order in.

-chuckface

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Welcome! Possibly the best--but far from ideal--source for comparing models is the Ram Brochure that has a table listing the standard and optional features on all models. You can download it from the RamTrucks website under Shopping Tools and then Get a Brochure.

Of course, the way Ram markets these trucks with all the trim levels, packages, options, restrictions and incentives makes getting exactly what you want at a reasonable price a major challenge. Most of us have compromised along the way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My outdoorsman with nav and pretty much well equipped had an msrp or 46500 and i got it for 40. Take a look at those!

·
Registered
37 Posts
On ramtrucks.com you can use the "compare models" tool and choose the detailed table to see them all side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Over the years... the one thing I've noticed....

GENERALLY.....

When you "Load Up" a lower model.... you will generally spend almost the same $$, but actually get less.

A base Big horn, will look nicer, and have better base electronics. The only thing you will loose going to the Big horn is the factory spray in bed liner. BUT... if you order the 17" wheels, you will get a $500 credit. (20's are standard) Then, you can add the liner for $400. (so it's about a wash)

Personaly, I've had too many spray-in's crack and chip... so this time, I didn't get it in my truck.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I loaded up an SLT instead of getting a Bighorn. I didn't like the plastic chrome wheels, the only thing I'm missing out on is auto 4wd.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts