RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I wanted to get your help with this trailer I am about to bite the bullet on! I cannot wait. It is 3,003 pounds dry. The rest of the specs are in this link if you wouldn't mind checking it out. I have a longhorn ecodiesel that can pull 7,000 pounds. I don't think I'd have any issues pulling this thing with passengers and gear!

Cruise Lite Travel Trailer by Forest River

Have a great week,
Mo

·
Registered
2014 Lonestar EcoDiesel 4X4
1,882 Posts
I don't think you'll have any problems towing this small trailer. The specs don't list the trailer GVWR, but is shows a NCC of 881lbs, so lets say GVWR of 3,885lbs. Well below the capabilities of this truck. The Longhorns do not have a huge payload, however. As long as you don't load the truck with five adults and fill the bed with a generator, extra water and other camping gear, you'll be OK.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks a lot! I will ask for those number this evening and get back to you.
Also, I don't plan on hauling that much extra gear so I should be good!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I pull my TT 28 ft 7300+lbs. It pulls great. I only get 12.8 mpg but I drive 70mph. Great truck. RAM ED cc 6.4 bed 3.92 gears. air system.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Dave. I have the 5.7 bed with 3.55 gears. I have the air suspension as well. Will keep you posted!

·
Registered
413 Posts
That trailer would be NO PROBLEM for the ED, That is almost half the weight it is able to haul .
I have been thinking about a TT what kind of price range is that bunk house ?

Thank's
mike

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yeah, not going to be a problem. You can save some weight by making sure the water tanks are drained before hitting the road. They total 78 gallons at 8.33 lbs a gallon that adds up quick.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate and like what I am hearing. Mike, this is a pretty unique model from what I have been looking at. These are going anywhere from 9-15k depending on the seller. The one I am looking at is closer to the 9k end of the spectrum!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Your truck will have no problem pulling that lite travel trailer. The only problem you may have is remembering that it is behind you. I tow a 7,000, 28 foot travel trailer (my 3D has 3:92 gears) and the only problem I had towing was a blown tire. The truck pulls so well that I couldn't feel a difference in towing from 4 tires to 3 tires. If it hadn't been for someone who pull along side of me on the freeway I would have never known there was a problem until it was to late. My trailer has wide spacing between the wheels (supposedly for better trailing) the problem with wide track spacing is that when you have a flat the other tire can't keep the flat tire's rim off the road. With standard tire spacing this was never a problem as with my old 1992 trailer, where only the tire became damage.
I will be adding tire pressure senors to the trailer's tires before I take it out again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts