RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Thanks... but it's the same story we've been hearing for 4 months now.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Thanks... but it's the same story we've been hearing for 4 months now.
What Doc said. I've seen people claiming both sides of this story...

1 - similar to the article - not enough train cars to deliver the vehicles, we're all doomed!
2 - train cars are starting to become available and we're all seeing shorter delivery times, huzzah!

I've heard people claim it'll get noticeably better after the Memorial Day weekend. I've also read claims it's going to improve after <insert random Tuesday here>. I've heard we did land on the moon and that we did not. We have apparently figured out why the sky is blue, but the mystery of the delivery of RAM EcoDiesels lives on, unexplained. Maybe the Yeti is in charge of all deliveries? Who knows.

My dealer told me it'd be 8 weeks from order...and it's looking like it could well come in right at 8 - 10 weeks for me. To me, that's accurate. It's what I expected.

What's unexpected was seeing another ED travel the assembly line only a few spots ahead of me, it's now at the dealer's lot about to be delivered, and my truck is still waiting for a computer reflash at the factory, more than 2 weeks after being built...LOL THERE is the real mystery!

·
Registered
274 Posts
My first ED order (Feb 8th) took 15 weeks to arrive. Ordered another one yesterday so here's hoping it's much quicker this time around.

·
Registered
346 Posts
My truck has been sitting (eight days now) at the final rail yard, waiting to be delivered, in Phoenix longer than it was on a train from Michigan (6 days). The truck was only in the shipping stage queue for six days before it went on a train.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I can concur. The job I am currently holding takes empty auto trains from East Brookfield, MA. to Selkirk NY. My return trip takes a loaded train, assembled in Cleveland, back to the auto site in East Brookfield. It has been so bad, some days (like today), no loads came. And when it does come, sometimes it is one or two days late. I like that I make extra money when it is messed up (putting us to work past our call window), but I feel a lot better when I am on a schedule.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well if my Trucks gets to the dealer in July, they can keep it. I might as well wait till Sept. for 2015.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can concur. The job I am currently holding takes empty auto trains from East Brookfield, MA. to Selkirk NY. My return trip takes a loaded train, assembled in Cleveland, back to the auto site in East Brookfield. It has been so bad, some days (like today), no loads came. And when it does come, sometimes it is one or two days late. I like that I make extra money when it is messed up (putting us to work past our call window), but I feel a lot better when I am on a schedule.
You get a terminal delay penalty?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
You get a terminal delay penalty?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Assigned job. No held away pay, but we have a call window. 8hr penalty for calling outside the window. Some days, I wish I got held away pay.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
ChooChooman, Mine is a Blue/Black Outdoorsman with 20s on Black rims next load try to get it on there for me. HaHa I'm in NH and it will come through your area. I'm glad someone posted the link. I thought they were just clueless, probably still are any way. I'm 13 weeks from ordering it with no solid date of delivery, it changes everyday.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
ChooChooman, Mine is a Blue/Black Outdoorsman with 20s on Black rims next load try to get it on there for me. HaHa I'm in NH and it will come through your area. I'm glad someone posted the link. I thought they were just clueless, probably still are any way. I'm 13 weeks from ordering it with no solid date of delivery, it changes everyday.
There are 2 trains on their way today, totally about 190 railcars of automobiles, with another train coming tomorrow. The holiday weekend doesn't help with lack of crews due to an outbreak of holiday flu. I should be in Selkirk waiting for a train home, but with only 1 Chief for the entire division (use to be 4), they told me to stay home. Well, I will still get paid, because my work is going to be covered by someone else!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Just an update. The trains are moving. Now, where I deliver to (East Brookfield, MA), they can't unload them fast enough and the trucks can't haul them fast enough. The facility is full and railcars are backing up. Looks like we will be busy through the summer retooling shutdown.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
I understood the shipping problems would ease greatly in April. I guess not. Really stinks to wait due to lack of delivery capacity.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts