RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my oil change the other day, and noticed a bit of a fluid stain on the back of the pan. Looked like it had been there for awhile so I figured I'd just keep an eye on it, didn't seem to change/increase for a couple of weeks.

Crawled under my truck today to take a look and noticed that the patch had increased in size significantly. No drips on the ground in my driveway but noticeable size patch on the back of the pan and what looks to be the bell-housing of the trans.

Attached some pics, let me know if any of you guys have encountered this before and what diagnostics/resolutions were involved. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
going by your picture , it is coming from between the engine and transmission ,,,
do you have a catch can ? is it a blown rear main seal ? , is it engine oil ?
check dipstick / engine oil level ,
maybe just spilled oil during last oil change
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it coolant or oil , original transmission oil in our Ecodiesel is green , not red ,
some have seen coolant hoses bringing coolant to transmission "heat exchanger "/ "oil cooler "
leak , and just added hose clamps ( member Sourdo) , coolant can also come from under the intake manifold
from the banjo fitting on turbo , or from the hard lines running under the intake manifold bringing
coolant to turbo , what is the level of your coolant bottle ??
image of dried up coolant coming from up top :

1 - 2 of 2 Posts