RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the Ram the other day and this popped up on my dash. Can’t seem to find anything on the internet on it. Still drives and shifts fine, but this does concern me a bit? Any ideas? 2016 eco diesel Ram
Automotive design Gauge Audio equipment Font Electronic instrument

·
Registered
2015 Bighorn, CC, 6'4", 4x4, 3.55
634 Posts
Since that's just a dummy light, the first step is to check for codes. Short of that it's difficult to diagnose without any noticeable symptoms.

At 75k miles he could look into doing a trans fluid replacement if he hasn't already

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, no symptoms at all other than when you I stop at light, etc. that light comes on and one bong to get your attention. As soon as you drive away the light goes out until you stop again. In park the light goes out... Thanks again, will change the transmission fluid at the next oil change and will check non how to check on error codes.

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie 3.92 Charlotte, NC
1,351 Posts
Wonder if it's related to the autopark? Maybe one of your doors is not completely shut or is registering on the computer as not being fully shut and locked. Might also be related to your driver's seatbelt. Maybe check and see if it's clicking all the way in.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Chech the wire harness that plugs into the transmission. Mine once got water intrusion. Took the plug apart, dried then put some dielectric grease before replug. Did the same to every connector under the truck at the same time. Dealer wanted to replace the rotary shifter, nope!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks everyone for the ideas. Got in it yesterday after letting it sit a week, and it's back to normal. Did not do anything with it was waiting to work on it this weekend. Not complaining, thanks again for your ideas. Will certainly keep them in mind if it should come up again...

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Thanks everyone for the ideas. Got in it yesterday after letting it sit a week, and it's back to normal. Did not do anything with it was waiting to work on it this weekend. Not complaining, thanks again for your ideas. Will certainly keep them in mind if it should come up again...
Hi: rla33868... As I always say "Sometimes doing nothing... is the best thing to do"!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It seems that complacency is sometimes the best strategy with these trucks. Drive it long enough and the warning lights just seem to go away!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts