RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal with the instrument cluster? I’ve seen two different versions. One has tachometer/DEF & speedometer/fuel and a small LCD in the middle, the other have a few more gauges and a larger LCD. Is there some option that gives you one or the other? :confused:

What is all this u-connect B.S., and the computer screen in the middle of the dash? I have no interest in any of that of that; can you get it with just a regular radio there?
I don’t have any I-anything, or a smarty-pants droid, computer/phone, nor would I want to hook any laptop to the truck or play video games/watch movies while I’m driving.

I don’t need any built in GPS, maps, or any sort of Space Odyssey HAL/Knight Rider KIt computer talking to me. :eek:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yes there are 2 gauge units.

The basic one has the small LCD, and 4 physical gauges. From what I understand... it's in all the models less than the outdoorsman as standard. If you want the one with the kick-ass 7" LCD, and the 6 physical gauges... then you need to order the "Luxury Group" in the Big Horn or SLT. I'm not sure if you can get it in the ST/Express/Tradesman. It comes standard in the Outdoorsman, and Laramie models.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The other 2 analog gauges look like water temperature and oil pressure. I’m sure the analog oil pressure gauge is fake; however the water temp gauge is probably real.

What else does the smaller LCD show, I assume it has screens you can flip through?

I like the tachometer better on the “4 analog instrument cluster” model, as the needle has more degrees to sweep, however I'm accustom to driving stick where I suppose I watch the tack more than I would in an automatic.

·
Registered
693 Posts
The configurable dash display that you get with the Luxury Group looks to be pretty darn cool. It allows you to set up gauges for much of the info in the OBDII data stream. For example, if you're towing you might well want to see tranny temp and diff temp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts