RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the weight of the truck bed on a 2014 1500?

I am considering removing it and putting on a Aluminum flat bed instead.

At this point I am wondering if by adding a Aluminum flat bed would I add a few hundred pounds to the payload capacity? Depending on options, the Aluminum bed will weigh about 190 lbs.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Does anyone know the weight of the truck bed on a 2014 1500?

I am considering removing it and putting on a Aluminum flat bed instead.

At this point I am wondering if by adding a Aluminum flat bed would I add a few hundred pounds to the payload capacity? Depending on options, the Aluminum bed will weigh about 190 lbs.
What's the price on the flatbed? Who makes it? Never heard of actual pre-made flatbeds for half tons I know someone who could use one

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I will have an aluminum flatbed installed. It will be a custom design with underneath storage boxes, probably made by Ute Ltd. It should weigh about the same as the box it replaces (less than 500 lbs) and cost $4500 with installation. A flatbed without the storage would weigh and cost close to half that.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have an aluminum flatbed installed. It will be a custom design with underneath storage boxes, probably made by Ute Ltd. It should weigh about the same as the box it replaces (less than 500 lbs) and cost $4500 with installation. A flatbed without the storage would weigh and cost close to half that.
I did not even know about Ute Ltd. Thanks for the link. I will check them out.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Honestly thought stuff like this was for heavy duty. Might change my buying needs for my next truck though...Do they make them with 5th-wheel hitches?

·
Registered
279 Posts
SEE MY OLD 2006 RAM 5.9 WITH ALUM BED- NEPHEW AND I PUT THIS ON IN THE FALL.

This one we picked up pretty cheap, I think the owner bought it and never put it on, I'll check, but it turned out nice as you can see in the picture. The bed in the 2006 Ram was rusting out.. .the Rams before Fiat had some bad bodys, rust buckets..... but aluminum don't rust and it looks great.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Bed we put on was a Moritz, got it off Craigslist for a cheap price. The Hillsboro look like they are well designed. I will probably keep the stock bed on the truck until I have it paid for, a year or so, then swap out the bed. Marsman.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts