RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Truck/Engine Shakes hard when below 70 Degrees at 1st startup, any pointers?

4K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  TractorMan 
My first thought is a faulty injector. I’m using the logic of a misfire in gas engines. It throws the crank off balance if one cylinder isn’t doing its job and these are small flywheels. With increased temp it balances out. You would think it would throw a code. Everything else including a rancid fart in the cab triggers one.

TractorMan… I’ve dealt with quite a few sticking injectors …. And gummed up /sticking injection pumps….

Here’s my remedy, My injection shop explained to me … Your using Stanadyne injection cleaner Good stuff….My Other choice SeaFoam …

I double dose the fuel tank recommendation, I get my diesel up to full operating temperatures,I remove the fuel filter and fill it 100 percent with Stanadyne diesel cleaner, Yes your truck will be running on slightly pure Diesel cleaner for Several minutes , Then go and immediately drive your truck for at least an hour, These injector cleaners work MUCH better with heat to break down the sticky waxy build up causing the injector issues ….

I’ve been doing this procedure for over 30 years, Including Common Rail diesels …

Are you slightly loosing Coolant? A slight head gasket / Cracked head leak will cause identical symptoms…
This, coolant loss?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.