RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked the truck up tonight at 6 from the dealer.... nice to have it home. Everything seems to be running great! Truck seems to drive the same as before.

I'm pretty happy now.....

Reactions: DataRider and gleb

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Great. Glad to hear it.

Keeping the box?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, sent it back on tuesday. Not worth the risk imo

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking of removing the foam.... does that vooid any warrenties?

·
Registered
369 Posts
glad you got your truck back.....after reading about your experience with the box......and also because I really don't understand how they work.....I doubt I will get one. I really need to do some reading about these things!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
No, but I understand if you run non-standard windshield washer fluid, that'll void the coverage on your wiper blades.

Further, if you eat IN the truck, and they trace clogged ventilated seats back to either cake or French fries, it'll void the warranty covering the seats.

;)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Nope. It can be removed without tools. Even if they give you crap for it... just say... "What foam? the guy who replaced the pump mustn't have put it back in."

·
Registered
254 Posts
No, but I understand if you run non-standard windshield washer fluid, that'll void the coverage on your wiper blades.

Further, if you eat IN the truck, and they trace clogged ventilated seats back to either cake or French fries, it'll void the warranty covering the seats.

;)
Seems legit

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Good news Chris. Assume they covered everything and did the rental as part of it.

I asked my dealer about the foam removal and warranty. Service manager said it would not be an overall issue. If something failed because of exposure to additional heat, it might be a factor.

His wife must be a lawyer.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes they covered everything they gave me a hemi off thier lot, paid for all. The gas I used (I had to submit reciepts) and paid for both tows(truck and trailer) and all the work/parts.... very happy with thier service to say the least.... just have to build some confidence up in the truck now... I have a almost 500km trip coming tonight 400 of it towing 2500#....

Reactions: DataRider
1 - 11 of 11 Posts