RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a 2015 gas Ram 1500, when you connect the truck trailer plug to a trailer none of the lights come on. We have look at the trucks trailer plug but we can find any damage. PLEASE help if you can.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Ya I'd start with the connector on the back side of the 7pin connector in the bumper. It can come loose.

Reactions: Crash68

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,744 Posts
If the connector behind the bumper checks out, the next suspect area to look is where the wiring harness traverses the frame around the back edge of the front wheel well. You need to pull the front wheel well liner.

For reference here's a list of all the trailer tow plug fuses:
F53 ATR 20 amp Left Trailer lights
F81 ATR 20 amp Right Trailer lights
F29 FMM 20 amp Trailer Park lights
F28 FMM 20 amp Trailer Back up lights
F30 FMM 30 amp Direct from battery
F11 J Case 30 amp Brake Lever
F87 ATR 10 amp ITBM module

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn CC/SB EcoDiesel
117 Posts
My friend has a 2015 gas Ram 1500, when you connect the truck trailer plug to a trailer none of the lights come on. We have look at the trucks trailer plug but we can find any damage. PLEASE help if you can.
Are you sure it's not the trailer? Check by plugging the trailer in question to another vehicle. If not possible than get a vehicle plug tester from your nearest auto parts store, shouldn't be more than $10-15, and test the connection on the truck. If tester fails, see post above by @Crash68

·
Registered
54 Posts
I lost everything on one of the CTD's I've owned and found I had pinched one of my trailer wires, I had an ABS light on as well as several others, mine was a blown fuse

1 - 6 of 6 Posts