RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Love it - kinda old school wrenching on a new school vehicle!

The commercial at the end of the story is perfect - a parody on car commercials but with footage of the actual vehicle. Awesome :)

Bob

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
12,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kind of reminded me of the old Mazda pickups. Think they had a Wankle engine or a small opposed one.They were relatively small but kind of "cute". Guessing also the Tesla is front-wheel drive. Better for off-road use.

Might be a market for them nowhere.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I love women who can who can do what is considered a "mans job". She does great work. Very smart woman, Very cool TRUCKLA. The truck that Elon Musk proposed looks like a POS.
We should pray for her well being. We need more like her!

·
Registered
12,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really meant both. That Subaru Brat was the one I thought of. They still make an opposed cylinder design today. It was often a problem back when but seems successful today. BMW started that design back in the early 1920's on motorcycles. Actually before BMW was called BMW they marketed that kind of design for others to use. Believe FN also had an opposed design on a motorcycle before BMW. They looked like this.
R6&Mal by Larry Malinoski, on Flickr

I have owned this BMW for decades. Still ride it on occasion, along with some others I still have. This one shows the opposed design and is a 1937 BMW R6. Only made this one year, Hitler had near all of the production set up with a sidecar ratio rear end and fitted for the African Corps. The production of just 800 or so was near totally destroyed. With those old side-valve cylinders out in the airstream, they ran much cooler than other designs. In an enclosed vehicle, not so much though Volkswagen did well with that design in the rear using just ports in the body and a fan of sorts.

The rotary was most always a problem and a failure. Guessing because the tips failed, sometimes so bad they trashed the engine. That design kind of disappeared and they never got it to run efficiently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts