RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching the hell out of tonneau covers and narrowed it down to these two. They are both low profile, both roll all the way up including support bars, both lifetime warranties. Similar price. Can't really see any big differences.

Truxedo has an auto tension system and when rolled up, the cover can be fully removed.

Access comes with free bottle of cover cleaner, tailgate seal kit, and a light.

I don't see any other differences.

Does anyone have any experience with these two companies? Customer service when it comes to warranty? General quality? Any info will help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have a friend who has the agri cover (access lorado brand) and has had it for the last 6 year. He is in love with it. haha. its the 3rd brand he has had on the truck and he hated the other two. Said that the cover started to fray after about 5 years and they warrantied it no problem (just had to show proof of purchase) and pay shipping. so for $40 he has a brand new cover again. Thats the brand i am buying for my truck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear. I pulled the trigger and ordered the access lorado from truckalterations.com. They have it for 365 shipped if you call them. He said he's unable to list that price on the website because of factory pricing restrictions.

He said they are basically the same cover, but access is less corporate and easier to get a hold of. He said warranty issues are much smoother with access as well.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have the Access Vanish on my truck coming up on 5 years and am very happy with it. It has held up well under the Central California sun, cleans up easily and is easy to roll up for an open bed. It seals very well, I get a minor amount of water leakage from parking on my driveway incline, but otherwise it stays dry. Never bothered to fix it because it doesn't bother me enough.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just got a truxedo lo pro qt today. I love it so far. I would have got the deuce but it wasn't in stock. Didn't come with any extras but I think if you order it from realtruck.com it comes with a tailgate seal, cleaner, and a led light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya...same thing happened to me. I never even thought about getting a tonneau cover, let alone pronounce "tonneau cover". Then I read some thread on some board and suddenly it was the end of world as we know it if I didn't order it right this minute.

Truckalterations.com doesn't have any free gifts etc, but your paying for them from the other vendors (as he put it). I think he said both the Lorado and lopro qt were 365 shipped (no taxes or shipping costs).

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
I had an ACCESS cover on my 2000 Ram 1500 from Sept 1999 until I sold it in April of 2014. It was always outside and never in a garage. Cover was still in fine shape. Rolls up well at -20 deg F with no cracks. Only issues were 1-WHen snow load became too much the support pipes bent. HOwever they are good quality aluminum and straighten out real nice. 2- The last year or so the Velcro holding the sides down had lost much of its 'stick.' Not sure if it was just dirty or had worn out. Anyhow I just lived with it. I bought a new one to go on my Laramie Longhorn Ecodiesel and it is good too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
15 years sounds good to me. And that's why I got the lorado, lifetime warranty on all components, only need proof of puchase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts