RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may not have my truck or even have a clue what country it is in but at least we had a good night on the bay. We wade fished East Matagorda Bay under the full moon last night. Not a bad way to get your mind off things!! image.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
The Federal regulations are a joke but Texas has the balls to defy those idiots. Good.

I don't fish for redfish and flats fish here in Florida but you can only keep two in a small slot size. As for American Red Snapper - you guys rule again. Grouper starting July 1st. In 2008 we fished 365 at 5 per day. Then with idiot got elected we are down to 2 per day and only have a short season. Fish everywhere but the Feds want to make money by selling us tags to catch "our" fish.

Hurray for Texas. May you get your truck soon.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There were four of us. 3 redfish per person per day, 10 trout and 5 flounder. We caught our limit of reds but not the others. Still a good day fishing. Texas has some tight limits on size and numbers. I believe that's why our fisheries are in such good shape. That said, I do believe Texas is the best place to be. Although it was 95 today and the mosquitoes are as big as jay birds...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
+1 Texas kicks ass!

Limits is what keeps fisheries and hunting opportunities good!
the lake where my cottage is used to have lake trout until about the 60's. Back then there wasn't any limits. All gone now....some lakes in the area some survived and now those lakes are heavily protected, and the populations are coming back!

·
Registered
118 Posts
This should do the Trick
Scarlett-Johansson-hot-205x300.jpg

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Good for her

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My girlfriend doesn't have a problem with me going fishing. For some reason I do think she would have a problem if I used ^^ to get my mind off of the truck. Got an update from Spp, truck should arrive at dealership on Thursday. I'm not even that excited as it has been an eternity and everytime I think it is close something else happens. Maybe I just need to take ^^ her AND my girlfriend fishing and see if that will distract me??

·
Registered
118 Posts
My girlfriend doesn't have a problem with me going fishing. For some reason I do think she would have a problem if I used ^^ to get my mind off of the truck. Got an update from Spp, truck should arrive at dealership on Thursday. I'm not even that excited as it has been an eternity and everytime I think it is close something else happens. Maybe I just need to take ^^ her AND my girlfriend fishing and see if that will distract me??
Worth SHOT.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice catch! We can only keep 1 redfish a day and 4 trout, 4 flounder, but it takes a lot to limit out on small sized fish let alone a bunch of slab flounder and linker reds!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts