RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by my dealer that I couldn't order as of 5/24 because the factory is fulfilling dealer orders at this time. He couldn't say when exactly customer orders would resume. I asked another dealer in the next town over and they said I could order as of 6/10. Has anyone heard similar info?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I ordered mine 5/24 and was told 8-10 weeks. Test drove the GC and was sold on the Ecodiesel. Can't wait for it to arrive!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Dealer is lying to you my friend

·
Registered
41 Posts
I tried to order on 5/24 and it came up as restricted too. The truck came up as restriction, even before any options were added. It was a 4x4 Laramie, CC, 5'7" box.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Most dealers are just lying scumbags....dont trust a one of them!! and got everything in writing...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Actually he may not be lying - just not being fully clear. The dealer probably does not have any allotments left (i.e he has used all of his for May, to order in what he thinks customers will buy). Allotments will reset again - first week of June (which is what the other dealer told you).

I ran into this when I ordered - order placed March 24th - but was not accepted by Ram until May 7th (when allotments reset).

So push the dealer to be truthful. Ask him if he is out of Allotments for May - and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Wow tupelo I would have went to another dealer before waiting 6 weeks to order!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had kind of the same issue. I tried to order in April, I couldnt get the model I wanted and the dealer had used up their allocation for the month. My sales person told me to wait until first week of May. I called on May 1, and she was able to order my truck. Its a few weeks later than I wanted, but I was able to save a little more for the down payment, got a buyer for my current truck, and got to pick up a few things for the truck I ordered.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had kind of the same issue. I tried to order in April, I couldnt get the model I wanted and the dealer had used up their allocation for the month. My sales person told me to wait until first week of May. I called on May 1, and she was able to order my truck. Its a few weeks later than I wanted, but I was able to save a little more for the down payment, got a buyer for my current truck, and got to pick up a few things for the truck I ordered.
That's really great to hear. I think that's the issue with my order. The dealer did have a lot of RAM's on the lot. I'll be checking with him first thing next week.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Actually he may not be lying - just not being fully clear. The dealer probably does not have any allotments left (i.e he has used all of his for May, to order in what he thinks customers will buy). Allotments will reset again - first week of June (which is what the other dealer told you).

I ran into this when I ordered - order placed March 24th - but was not accepted by Ram until May 7th (when allotments reset).

So push the dealer to be truthful. Ask him if he is out of Allotments for May - and see what happens.
This is accurate. And not all dealers are "lying scum bags." Since I am a sales executive, sales people in dealerships frustrate me to no end. But I find if I ask them to shoot straight with me on all questions, up front, I get straight answers. Contrary to seemingly popular belief, there ARE honest sales people in the world. This includes me. What I have tended to find is that when people really don't trust me, it's because they would be sticking it to me if the roles were reversed.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Both dealers I went to have a crap load of gas 1500's. I let them know when I arrived that I knew exactly what I wanted and wasn't interested in what they had. They didn't try to push anything on me, one dealer actually found a diesel in the color I want but not much else, he didn't try to sell me on it. Im gonna wait till June 10th and try to order again. If I can't I'll broaden my search

·
Registered
556 Posts
That's really great to hear. I think that's the issue with my order. The dealer did have a lot of RAM's on the lot. I'll be checking with him first thing next week.
a0m397x is correct though about what the dealer probably wants - and that is for you to buy what he has on the lot, or what is coming in. But if you stick to what you want - and find a dealer that will work with you (and they are out there) then you should have no issues. Case in point - I contacted 10 dealers. 2 out right lied to my face, 1 was incompetent, and 7 were nice to deal with (including 1 Chris shot my way - so they are not all lying scumbags....lol).

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Yes its true....some are good, a few im just being harsh. You do hear alot of horror stories though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts