RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our TS Performance MP8 unit is on the way, they have been doing some extensive testing at TS.

Right now the beta tune is around 65-75hp on the dyno. Highest hand calculated mileage seen was 31.2 mpg as of yesterday and they just filled the tank again to recalculate.

They asked my thoughts on being able to switch on the fly in the cab from 0 - to whatever the final hp number will be, I am a big fan of that.

They are also going to release the Informant monitor (much like a Edge Insight) that can control the MP8, no firm ETA on that.

James
RSD

·
Registered
579 Posts
What gears did their test truck have? With no tuner at all people with 3.55 gears have gotten over 30mpg. So with 31.2 mpg total what was the base line mpg before the tuner?

·
Registered
424 Posts
So 75 hp what about tq 125?

·
Registered
609 Posts
What gears did their test truck have? With no tuner at all people with 3.55 gears have gotten over 30mpg. So with 31.2 mpg total what was the base line mpg before the tuner?

I'm hoping the real news here is 65-75 more hp and still achieving 31+ mpg. We shall see.

Looking foward to more info on this.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
It would be nice to know how much increase in HP the 3.0 engine can stand in stock form, without internal mods.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would be nice to know how much increase in HP the 3.0 engine can stand in stock form, without internal mods.
Not sure yet. One of our "prefer not to be named" tuners has been sending me videos of his Eco in action. He said fuel pressure is plenty and seeing over 30 pounds of boost easily. I was laughing watching his rpm gauge rev and the traction control light kicking in the whole time. Wish I could share this with you guys but he wants us to wait.

James
RSD

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but running stock exhaust with a tuner seems silly. If you are going to void the warranty on the engine, it would seem like doing the deletes would be the first thing you did? Besides power and mpg, you remove what causes 50% of the problems on newer diesel engines?

After typing this I realize I live in a state without emissions, so therefore some people would be wise to keep all the exhaus.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Since the 8 speed ZF transmission in our trucks can only handle up to 516ft lbs of torque I'd be concerned with any tune that exceeds that 96ft lb gap between stock and maximum rating.

Reactions: dcchris311

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
You realize the info I posted shows we have a 700 tq limit. View attachment 2995
Do you realize that it clearly states 700 N-m? Newton-meter or N-m is not the same as ft lb. it's a very different unit of measurement just as a meter is not the same as a yard. If you do the calculations 700 N-m is equal to 516.2935041 ft lbs.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
The Eco-diesel has the 8HP70 ZF transmission that is rated @700 N/M which converts to 516.3 Ft Lb

·
Registered
424 Posts
Haha my bad was not even paying attention to the small print, to busy watching the movie the neighbors. 516 i believe is a number we can still surpass with added line pressure. I will retract my previous comments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Haha my bad was not even paying attention to the small print, to busy watching the movie the neighbors. 516 i believe is a number we can still surpass with added line pressure. I will retract my previous comments
A great movie!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Ya it is

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am still trying to get a ED in the yard. But at least the aftermarket parts are coming. Great news. I want a 6in lift and True dual exhaust system if possible later on. Would be nice to hear what she really sounds like.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts