RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Limited ED 3.92 33gal
126 Posts
If I have to go to Facebook to find someone with a blown engine, then I’ll pass. There’s enough “sky is falling” on here.
x2

·
Registered
199 Posts
To each their own. But what has clearly been happening over the last few years is that forums are dying and Facebook owner groups are growing like weeds. Everyone is shifting that way, and it's the best way to see what's happening in the auto world.

The fact that you guys had no idea about all the issues this new engine is having is evidence.

Reactions: justind

·
Registered
513 Posts
GDE is clearly aware of the issues with the new engine as evidenced by their post in this thread.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The fact that you guys had no idea about all the issues this new engine is having is evidence.
No reason to know about people’s Facebook woes, I take above and beyond care of my trucks, plus I use the ED for its intended purpose, long hauls and light towing. Which is probably why I haven’t had 1 Major issue with my 16 or my 20

GDE is a business and it’s their job to sell and say things true or semi not true or even false, to steer business their way.

my point is, if your truck is performing perfectly why spend the money

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
GDE is a business and it’s their job to sell and say things true or semi not true or even false, to steer business their way.
I'm not sure what business model you're used to, but I can tell you that GDE is one of the most up-front and honest businesses in this market. They have the expertise and experience to back their product with no need to put out false information.

·
Registered
513 Posts
my point is, if your truck is performing perfectly why spend the money
Your truck is slow and laggy lol, you don't know because you've apparently never driven a tuned truck. Get used to driving a tuned truck and your stock truck would be ridiculously annoying to live with.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Your truck is slow and laggy lol, you don't know because you've apparently never driven a tuned truck. Get used to driving a tuned truck and your stock truck would be ridiculously annoying to live with.
lol you know nothing about my truck, I didn’t buy my ED’s for performance I bought them for fuel economy which is currently right on par with the window sticker in my old 16 and the 2020

unless your beating me at the pump I could really careless!

·
Registered
513 Posts
lol you know nothing about my truck, I didn’t buy my ED’s for performance I bought them for fuel economy which is currently right on par with the window sticker in my old 16 and the 2020

unless your beating me at the pump I could really careless!
You do realize that tunes typically better your fuel economy, right?

·
Registered
126 Posts
oh really what kind of fuel economy are you getting, how many miles are you putting on a tank!
Typically? Shouldn’t it be for sure! Haven’t seen you bragging about fuel mileage!

·
Registered
259 Posts
You and I are on some of the same forums. I think this goes back to the Jeep Liberty diesel and the LOST group. I’ve seen the oils leaks, had one myself fixed by snugging up the upper oil pan. Had an Exhaust leak that was a pain to find. But EGR issues and blown engines on the gen 3? I have 10K miles on mine and my dealer says I’m the highest mileage 2020 ecodiesel they’re servicing. I’m just not buying the EGR and blown engine comment.
I’m at 39k miles on mine. You have a lot of catching up to do lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
I’m at 39k miles on mine. You have a lot of catching up to do lol
Yup you got me doubled , but according to a few ppl on this thread you must be on your second motor and second/ third egr.😂😂😂😂

21 - 31 of 31 Posts