RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 JGC ED that i just bought. I was able to test drive a ED that mustve been deleted, and i want to get mine deleted to preserve the engine. I reached out to GDE and they do not have full deletes anymore, however CCS seems to be a popular option on this forum. Anyone have any suggestions? Im not looking for crazy power just better fuel mileage, no DPF/EGR or DEF fluid.
thanks guys
(btw i live in southern alberta)

· Registered
2018 SLT+ Crewcab Ecodiesel
279 Posts
You should chat with "rustydusty1717" as he had a full delete from CCS I'm sure....I think he might have had some issues with it but not positive about it.
Ecodiesel of Canada has MRtunes and folks here seem to like those tunes.

· Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage2, EOC Stage2, Timbren bumps, Straight Pipe, 6' 4" box
411 Posts
Sent you a PM but figured this could be useful for future searches as well:

So I ran CCS for a good year. At first it was fine and I used the bench flash tune they had. They switched me to their HP Tuners handheld and that's when I had problems. Truck still had lots of power and decent fuel mileage however I had a crazy turbo surge issue. They did try various things to fix it, we even did a dealer visit to factory ECM AND TCM reset and then reloaded the tune. Didn't help at all. They blamed mechanical issues.

Ended up getting Truck factory reset again and got a new engine and tranny tune from EOC/MRTuning. My mileage isn't as good (10L per 100km) but lots of power and no issues. I'm fully deleted EGR stage 2(Cooler gone not just the plates) DPF, SCR, CAT, muffler, resonator.

Overall, their tuning on cummins seems great. Brother has their cummins tunes. Not sure if they know the ecodiesel platform well enough. Its just a different motor from any other full size diesel. They did try to rectify the issues but I just got tired of it and switched which sucked as it was another $1600 out of my pocket. But the constant turbo surging was concerning.

Reactions: keiths487too

· Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage2, EOC Stage2, Timbren bumps, Straight Pipe, 6' 4" box
411 Posts
My experiences with CCS are a year old. Whether they fixed their tune or not I have no idea. Their support was descent I just don't think they invested enough time and energy into their ecodiesel tunes. I'm sure if they got an ecodiesel and spent some time on a dyno with all the sensors galore, they could have a more reliable tune.

· Registered
6,582 Posts
Lol. Clearly you don't follow any other diesel forums. CCS's reputation in the "other" diesel world spreads much further then GDE or EOC.
Well good for CCS and other platforms, I have no interest in either. You're on an EcoDiesel forum talking about EcoDiesel tuning.

Reactions: DATA

· Registered
2014 RAM 1500 Limited EcoDiesel, Deleted w/ MRT stage 2 & trans tune
4 Posts
Reach out to Ecodiesel Owners of Canada. They can provide the parts (from T&S, local here) and the tune from MRT. I made this full delete & stage 2 tune with the transmission tune option 2 weeks ago directly at T&S. Man it is awesome and fuel economy is impressive. You only have to find a qualified shop to do the work in your area, might not be too hard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts