RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let everyone know, I have contacted several of the common diesel truck tuning companies recently and asked if they are currently working on coming up with any tuning solutions for our Ecodiesel trucks. I know there are some European solutions already out, but as far as the typical US companies, none of them currently seem to have plans to support our trucks. I would suggest that anyone interested in tuning, should contact these businesses and let them know you are looking for tuners and that there is a solid market. If they hear the demand, I'm sure they will come up with something.

These companies have replied that they currently have no plans to introduce tuning solutions:
H&S
Banks
Diablosport

Companies that have not responded to my inquiry:
Edge
Bullydog
Superchips

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I ordered a steinbauer, and still have not received it, I called yesturday they tell me it was shipped on may2nd....

·
Registered
118 Posts
I ordered a steinbauer, and still have not received it, I called yesturday they tell me it was shipped on may2nd....
Is it true that the price listed is $1945.00. Wow a little excessive you think? Not worth my money.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Depends on if you can afford it or not I guess... to me it's worth it, untraceable and the unit has a lot of engineering into it. it does not achieve its power gains through the normal amping up turbo and rail pressures, so it's a lot easier on your motor...(which I plan on driving for many years!)

Reactions: westondan

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I think I'm going to order a blue spark in the next week or so.

I personally like a piggyback system when dealing with warranty vehicles. Even my old Cummins... I used an Edge EZ and Bosch RV injectors, and it was more power than I needed. And, it doesn't leave a trace in the ECU.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
and what is the actual name? google on "blue spark" returns a bunch of microphone/studio sound stuff, didn't see any diesel/automotive info at all :)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I just put an update on my steinbauer thread for you guys who are interested....i highly advise you guys be careful before ordering a tuner with all this computer stuff on board, personally I would be wary of the cheapo tuners

Reactions: westondan

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Post some links, I would love to read how it's doing as well pls.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
so is the "Pro" version the one purchased? I have never tried a tuner on any vehicle (well once had a EJK programmable FI kit on a motorcycle...), anyway, for $300-$400 seems pretty damn cheap for the 'advertised' gains...but is the risk on a $45K investment worth it? and does anyone have independent test data that shows you are getting real AND useful performance gains? not just "my butt tells me its much faster!" but actual data? i guess i'm more of a skeptic given my lack of hands on experience and also pretty cautious about ruining $45K ... make sense? not critiquing anyone, just trying to learn more before making any decisions. thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
We have the uprated transmission from the standard, Our is rated for 750
Where did you read this? ED's come with the 8hp70 which is rated at 700nm/516ft*lbs. Next trans up in the ZF 8-speed lineup is the 8hp90 which is rated at 900nm. ZF is not doing anything special to the 8hp70's for chrysler.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
It's traceable because it's BEFORE the ecu.... I would have liked to save a shit pile of money to but I went with the stienbauer because they have a very good and reliable History with AG and heavy trucks, these units are bullet proof from my research. They are after the ecu hence untraceable and don't cause as much stress as other tuners.... like everything in life you pay for what u get. I'm not. Willing to rish 57K to save a thousand bucks or to have a warrenty claim denied! I am 100% sure that bluespark will work as advertised though!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ph is right we have the 516 model

1 - 20 of 144 Posts