RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see some places in Canada are starting to come out with tunes for the 3rd gen. I want to get one that leaves Emissions on, because my wife hates the smell of diesel exhaust ,
I'm more concerned about shutting the EGR off. The Place. I saw had one where you swap the ECM. My question is if you swap the computer for a for a tuned computer and leave all the emissions on can you swap it back and the dealer not be able to tell when they do warranty work

·
Registered
305 Posts
That was the case for the 2nd gen engine, I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't be the same for the 3rd gen, but since tuning is very new for the 3rd gen there's not a lot of knowledge or experience as to what can/can't be done. However it's odd that they are choosing the ECM swap method, most tuners have done away with that option for the 2nd gen engine. Do you mind saying who the tuner is?

·
Registered
2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, GDE Hot Tune, Rebel front end conversion.
179 Posts
That was the case for the 2nd gen engine, I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't be the same for the 3rd gen, but since tuning is very new for the 3rd gen there's not a lot of knowledge or experience as to what can/can't be done. However it's odd that they are choosing the ECM swap method, most tuners have done away with that option for the 2nd gen engine. Do you mind saying who the tuner is?
I believe it just simply takes time before a flash tool method is available for the 3rd gen eco engine. MRTuning just came out with a tune for this truck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it just simply takes time before a flash tool method is available for the 3rd gen eco engine. MRTuning just came out with a tune for this truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in the works of using them also. I wish there was a stand alone tuner that did both tranny and ecu but there isnt and from talking with some people it would be a very expensive tool. I purchased a factory ecu and plan on getting it matched to my truck then sent to them for flash. That way Ill always have my factory one if needed. Don't forget to get the trans tune too. IMO its just as important as the ecu tune

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
I wish there was a stand alone tuner that did both tranny and ecu but there isnt and from talking with some people it would be a very expensive tool.
GDE does this for 2nd Gen, maybe it'll happen for 3rd Gen, who knows.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its possible but Canada is more relaxed in the tuning laws. You won't see a true off road delete or anything that turns the egr off from GDE

·
Registered
35 Posts
Definitely not more relaxed. We just don’t have emissions testing in 99% of the country and the places that do enforce it do so by stopping the trucks rolling coal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Relaxed meaning the Gov. hasn't started coming into these tuning companies and either fining or shutting them down yet. (yet) key word. Enjoy while it last.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Relaxed meaning the Gov. hasn't started coming into these tuning companies and either fining or shutting them down yet. (yet) key word. Enjoy while it last.
LOL yup. Our governments too busy banning legal gun owners to have time to worry about this kinda crap.

Where I live it seems like 90% of diesels are tuned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts