RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I took my 2015 EcoDiesel Laramie to the dealership about a month ago (early June) in which the truck underwent the AEM re-flash on the engine and transmission. After the AEM was completed I noticed two behaviors which were not present prior to the AEM.

1) Turbo Whines under semi/hard accelerating (about 2/3 of the pedal pressed down) from 0 MPH to about 40 MPH (even though the shift points). If you let up on the pedal and push back down the issue does not occur. Seems to only be during initial take off.
2) I can't seem to reproduce this but it does seem to occur about once a week (happened about 5+ times so far). Under initial acceleration, from 0 MPH (doesn't need to be a hard pedal) when the truck reaches about 20-30 MPH it seems to "dump" where the truck falls on its face and power is lost for about 1-2 seconds and then it is fully restored. It sounds similar to a semi-truck doing an exhaust brake.

Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes to your second point, but it seemed to only happen when I was trying to go uphill. It was almost like I just let go of the accelerator, then make this noise like the turbo was trying to slow itself down. It went away after I put the GDE in though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts