RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Tell us a little about your truck and any modifications.
2017 full delete no other modifications. Very well maintained truck its whole life with not even a hiccup before the delete.
EGR replaced under recall at about 85k km

It got deleted after when I looked in the intake manifold and found the soot build up. The egr was leakingand couldnt be replaced quickly when there were no parts to fix it with. I Deleted it for longevity and to prevent issues.

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
Lightspeed in red deer. I want to know if this issue has been found before and if it is a hardware issue in the truck vs tune. The intake manifold was just replaced with new oem as well.
Usually the tune. That's why it's best to stick with a tried and true tuner. Most issues arise when folks go with no-name tuners.

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
They do lots of tuning so you would this issue would pop up more than it does if it were the tuning. Makes me question if its something else going on
Lots of tuning, or lots of ecodiesel tuning? There's a significant difference. I stand behind what I said.

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel Big Horn Granite Crystal 4x4 CC 6'4" box
931 Posts
They do lots of tuning so you would this issue would pop up more than it does if it were the tuning. Makes me question if its something else going on
Are their tunes designed specifically for the Ecodiesel? One of GDE's main business plan is done towards the Ecodiesel since it was first released. Others seem to try to use other tunes from other suppliers and play with them and don't seem to have all the testing done behind the scene available.

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage 2 Delete, CCS Tuned, Timbren bump stops, Straight Pipe
253 Posts
I live in Central AB and know lightspeed well. They (cam) do a lot of import tuning, but as others have mentioned the EcoD seems to be a different animal. Even my tuner (CCS) is well known for their cummins and duramax tuning but the ecodiesel seems to something even they haven't narrowed down. At least lightspeed has a dyno but not sure if they actually ran their demo truck on the dyno when they came up with the base tune.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts