RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about 1000 miles with my GDE tune. Today, I drove for about 1/2 hour just fine. Stopped at a store for a couple minutes. Headed out again and the cruise disengaged maybe 3 times within a minute or so then the check light came on with Service Trailer Break of all things on the EVIC ( not towing).

The two scanners I have don't appear to be able to clear these either.

Not in limp mode...yet.

Suggestions. Thx

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With high hopes I say check the wiring harness connector under the das right by where your left foot would be while driving.

Photo borrowed from another member.
@97hmcs, I really appreciate you finding this. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm ok there.
IMG_20190922_110937439.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
��
I have a relatively new scanner. Do you think there is any chance it caused this?... by not talking on the comm bus properly.

·
Administrator
8,258 Posts
Some codes can only be cleared while vehicle is running and some require engine off/ignition in run position.

·
Administrator
8,258 Posts
The codes are related to communication so let's hope it's a gremlin code and possibly related to the scanner.

·
Super Moderator
3,819 Posts
��
I have a relatively new scanner. Do you think there is any chance it caused this?... by not talking on the comm bus properly.

See if you can manually set the commutation protocol to: ISO 15765-4 (CAN 11bit/500k baud)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had codes like that when I left torque pro running after I shut the truck off. Causes all sorts of wacky things.
I definitely left Torque pro running.

Also noticed that with the Torque pro left running, the scanner plugged in, but the truck off and key out, that the gear selector lights will flash every few seconds. Makes sense that Torque would be involved, but for some reason I hadn't thought of that. thx.

·
Administrator
8,258 Posts
I definitely left Torque pro running.

Also noticed that with the Torque pro left running, the scanner plugged in, but the truck off and key out, that the gear selector lights will flash every few seconds. Makes sense that Torque would be involved, but for some reason I hadn't thought of that. thx.
Is all good again?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
See if you can manually set the commutation protocol to: ISO 15765-4 (CAN 11bit/500k baud)
@Crash68. I will try this. I saw another post from you in 2017 where you mention changing this in Torque pro vehicle profile setting. Looks promising. thx

·
Super Moderator
3,819 Posts
@Crash68. I will try this. I saw another post from you in 2017 where you mention changing this in Torque pro vehicle profile setting.
I've been using the Torque app with a OBDLink MX for several years now and the only time it throws a fit is if I leave the app running when I turn the truck off without shutting down the app first. I usually leave the OBDLink MX plugged into the truck 24/7, haven't had any problems with that either.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is all good again?
@97hmcs, I wanted to test a bit longer before I answered. I drove 460 miles yesterday, and I am now convinced my original CELs were caused by the interaction of Torque, my scanner and the ECM on the comm bus. It seemed to trigger when I left the app running and came back to the truck with the scanner still plugged in, and then restarting the truck (@shaggn85).

Changing the profile setting in Torque to ISO 15765-4 definitely seemed to help (@Crash68). I didn't have a recurrence with this setting, but I have to admit I didn't test only that as long. I just opted to pull my scanner out each time when I turned off the truck. I did leave that setting on for the whole trip however.

Thanks for all of the information you provided. Another demonstration of how helpful this forum can be. Perhaps this thread will help someone else down the road.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Finally someone else with the U0001 code!! I had it 2x before I got gde and 1x after I got gde. What I seem to notice was I only got the code when I'd drive with my obdii scanner plugged in all the time. Now I only plug it in when I want to check my soot levels, then I immediately shut / remove the scanner. I have not seen the U0001 code since I started removing my scanner and not driving with it plugged in 24/7.. If you find a solution, certainly let us know!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts