RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does Chrysler/Ram call it that?

From what I can tell there is NO provision to connect my iphone to the thing. There are no directions in the manual and nothing in it's operation that even hints it can do it.

So up begs the question. If it truly is a NOconnect radio, why do they call it Uconnect?

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Discord. Thanks.

I printed the directions out. Then went to the truck just now and looked at the book. It said Uconnect 3.0. No directions about a phone though. Checked the window sticker. It also says Uconnect 3.0.
Started with your directions that I printed out. Step 2. Press the "phone" button.

What "phone" button? Is it a button on the Iphone? Is it some kind of button on the radio or in that menu?

I don't see any "phone" button. Pressued menu, info. media, brows/enter etc. I hate buttons.

Use the word fascinate in a sentence. " My daughter has a sweater with 10 buttons. Her tits are so big she can only fascinate".

I think the window sticker and manual are wrong with the name. I really think that Uconnect should be re-written as Noconnect.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Phone button on the steering wheel capt?

Reactions: gleb

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did not know there was a phone button on the steering wheel. Must go out in the truck right now. Will check that out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a connection in my center console for my phone/usb device. However I use Bluetooth to connect to my phone rather than a hard wire

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The answer is "NO"!

Rode by Firkins in Bradenton. Asked a parts guy. He ran the VIN, looked at the radio, consulted his computer and then said..."Follow me".

We went to a salesman and the sales manager. Both were wonderful Both said there is no Uconnect in my Uconnect. All the radios are called Uconnect. Mine has the name but not the connection capability.
Then the sales manager dug into a cooler the local Chamber of Commerce had there. Pulled out a Bud Light.

All is well. Not all Uconnects are Uconnect.

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jeff...Went and looked at what you linked. Now I understand more.

The basic radio does connect with one of those music things. My wife has one. I know little about it. It also connects with my cell phone as I tried. Plug the cell phone in to that usb port and it charges the phone and plays the Ihart Radio app. through the radio. I have it to listen to Steeler football games if I can't get them on the television at hunting camp or on this computer.

It does not operate the telephone part of the cell phone where you talk to the walls of your pickup and that goes through the phone lines. Think they call it Bluetooth or something like that. That application is what my wife wanted me to use and this radio does not do that. Actually that 's good for me because I would need a lesson on Bluetooth to figure it out. Tired of lessons and buttons

So you defined the answer with your link. The answer for me is "no". For others it's "yes". Clearly explained. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not really. I always respected the history of the owners and the franchise. Not happy with some recent character issues but is most cases those players were released or really did change. Historically none drank or raised hell more than Bobby Lane and the crew from the 50's and early 60's.

8 and 8 for two years now. Great entertainment all the time. It's rare for me to sit down and watch any TV. Been like that all my life. Too busy. Well Steeler games and major motorcycle races keep my television exercised. Also enjoy traveling around just to see the Steelers play. Meeting my daughter in Jacksonville this year for the Steeler game there. She flies around the country for some of the games also.

It's a "family affair".

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
OK.... I'm very confused.

In all your older posts, you say how you hate all the tech, and extra buttons in the new vehicles. But now you WANT more? Geezzz... make your mind. (LOL) Sorry... just giving you crap.

Unfortunately... the "Uconnect" is a label for all the Ram radios now. And, your base radio doesn't support the hands free system. (sorry) But, since you can hook up your phone, and get the I Hart Radio to work... I'm surprised that a phone conversation doesn't come though the speakers.

As an FYI... your cab doesn't have a microphone in it. It's inside the upgraded rearview mirror.

On a side note... I was never really a fan of football. I was more into sports with engines. (and not this silly, go-fast-turn-left crap) But, after moving to Pitt... I was forced into it, just so I didn't seem like an idiot on Monday morning at the office. I really liked when Myron was the announcer. I would put the game on the TV, but turn on the radio for the sound.

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Myron Cope and the "Coperascope" He would yell the injury report, name the important players and then the classic addition ..." and a whole bunch of guys named Harry".

I'm not pressing any more buttons. The radio from the iphone does come out the truck speakers. I tried. Now it's ready for the Steeler games this Fall when I'm in Georgia at hunting camp. No buttons. Just plug it in.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's inside the storage compartment of the fold down arm rest. Kinda hard to see it in there if your not looking for it, I had the same issue

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's inside the storage compartment of the fold down arm rest. Kinda hard to see it in there if your not looking for it, I had the same issue
THANKS! I will look for it tonight. It would be nice if they would put the location of this thing in the manual...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went to the dealer and wanted to upgrade my uconnect 3.0 stereo head unit and they said you can't at all with the 3.0 series and I can't upgrade with a aftermarket either so no touch screen for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Uconnect

Why does Chrysler/Ram call it that?

From what I can tell there is NO provision to connect my iphone to the thing. There are no directions in the manual and nothing in it's operation that even hints it can do it.

So up begs the question. If it truly is a NOconnect radio, why do they call it Uconnect?
They call it "Uconnect" because U can Connect a $600 adapter that allows U to Connect them directly to your wallet...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts