RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - does anyone know if the Uconnect 5.0 still has the ability to set "automatic climate on/off" for remote start? Or is that only an 8.4 feature? I'm referring to the ability that based on temperature when the vehicle is started, it will automatically turn on AC and ventilated seats (if equipped) or it will turn on heater, heated seats/steering wheel?

thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have the 5.0 but I don't have the remote start. My 5.0 has no options for climate control so i'm guessing it wouldn't be able to do it with the remote start either.

·
Registered
544 Posts
jeff, you just have to remember to set the heat/AC controls when you leave the truck. If it's hot out, dial up max A/C and the highest fan speed. Leave a few windows cracked and you'll be ready to remote start and cool the truck. Years ago I got remote start to warm the engine in the cold New York winters, but found that in Alabama I needed the cab cooled down. The locals used to look at me funny when I walked out of work and hit the remote start on the way to the parking lot - but it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts