RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have tried the Uconnect app on my Galaxy S5 a handful of times to try and lock/unlock ext remotely. I haven't had any luck getting it to work. When I enter a command "lock" it either has said the network is not available (or something like that) or I have been able to enter my pin and it sits and processes and eventually I get an email saying "your remote door lock request could not be processed" I have also tried it from the computer logged into Mopar Owner Connect as well with the same experience.

Anyone else seeing things like this? Anyone have luck using their system?

I believe I have everything activated properly and all my accounts created and able to log in ext... so wondering if it is on their end? I know I have read varying opinions of how well the system works, so I just figured it is hit and miss if it works. Which if that is how it is going to be, I just want to learn about it now during the "free" trial so I know not to pay for anything later.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have that number from one of the emails... just haven't had a chance to call yet. Figured I would check here and see how it is working for others as well. Thank you for the response and information.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I signed up yesterday and the first thing I did was start my truck with my phone.......it worked in just a few minutes!!!! make sure you have the correct pin number.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I decided to give the app a try. It takes a minute or two for the first command to be received. After that all functions worked smoothly. You'll have to enter your PIN with each command. I guess that is to prevent unauthorized use. Plus you get an email for each command entered.
image.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have used it many times to remotely start the truck, works great so far.

EDIT: I should mention, I have the app iPhone 5s and have also tried it via the web on a laptop.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried again the other day, lock and unlock worked.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
what exactly is this feature? I've never heard of this before with Uconnect, does it require a subscription? tks
Not available in Canada to my knowledge. Too bad, I'd love to have this feature just to be able to start my truck from 5 blocks away, giving the truck time to warm up before I get to it during the cold winter months.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mine takes well over 5 minutes for the command to be received. Tried it from my iPhone, and my new LG G3 - Both AT&T, and the Nexus 5 I use a lot at work on Verizon.

I blame crappy Sprint - who is particularly awful in the Denver area and always has been. Maybe I'll try unlocking it remotely first if it's true about subsequent commands going through quicker.

Worst part is that commands aren't cancelled out if you do something, so you can arrive at your non-running truck, unlock it, get in, and then the alarm goes off, or the truck starts as you're about to push the button. I don't like it. Key controlled remote start? A+

·
Registered
15 Posts
Quick question, is the uconnect app the only way you can remote start the ecodiesel or does it come with a key fob? Looking at ordering an outdoorsman soon and was really curious about this with the cold weather we're starting to get.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Does this work with any 8.4AN or is it trim level? I have an Outdoorsman with the 8.4AN radio or a Laramie with the 8.4AN. Just want to make sure this feature is also on the Outdoorsman. I thought I read over @ Allpar that it is 8.4AN only not the the 8.4A.

·
Registered
200 Posts
So I have tried the Uconnect app on my Galaxy S5 a handful of times to try and lock/unlock ext remotely. I haven't had any luck getting it to work. When I enter a command "lock" it either has said the network is not available (or something like that) or I have been able to enter my pin and it sits and processes and eventually I get an email saying "your remote door lock request could not be processed" I have also tried it from the computer logged into Mopar Owner Connect as well with the same experience.
I also have a Galaxy S5...and the Uconnect does not like to play with the galaxy. I can do what I need to from my Laptop with no problem although it takes a while for the "trons to reach the truck". I have two friends at work with iPhones and their Uconnect apps work great. Pretty sure it;s the phone, not the truck.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Does this work with any 8.4AN or is it trim level? I have an Outdoorsman with the 8.4AN radio or a Laramie with the 8.4AN. Just want to make sure this feature is also on the Outdoorsman. I thought I read over @ Allpar that it is 8.4AN only not the the 8.4A.
Comes with the 8.4an option, don. Have tried it with my iPhone & works fine but painfully slow in reacting, like several minutes sometimes. Surprised that the android phones are hit & miss. The iPhone has been flawless with all Bluetooth functions but was thinking of changing to android for the "read text" option that isn't available with iphone. Think I'll stand pat after feed back from these fellows.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts