RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In yesterday's snail mail, I received another envelope from FCA (a couple of days after the EGR cooler recall) containing a USB drive, along with instructions, to update the Uconnect GPS software in my truck.
Has anyone else received anything like this? IF so, has anyone actually used the USB and updated the truck's GPS software?
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve done the update with usb... pretty painless but takes a while to process. Just follow their instructions. Make sure the file is out of the folder on the sb so the system can see it. I doubt it is smart enough to traverse folders.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
In yesterday's snail mail, I received another envelope from FCA (a couple of days after the EGR cooler recall) containing a USB drive, along with instructions, to update the Uconnect GPS software in my truck.
Has anyone else received anything like this? IF so, has anyone actually used the USB and updated the truck's GPS software?
Thanks.
what year is your truck?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2015 outdoorsman and asked for my uconnect to be updated last spring when I took truck in for tailgate recall. They didn’t do it. Pretty annoying driving around and so many newer areas aren’t even on the gps.

·
Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
I have a 2015 outdoorsman and asked for my uconnect to be updated last spring when I took truck in for tailgate recall. They didn’t do it. Pretty annoying driving around and so many newer areas aren’t even on the gps.
The latest update for the UConnect was to update the GPS so it could accurately locate the vehicle due to a time/calendar flip of the GPS system.
This update did not update the actual maps which were out of date back when I bought my truck in '15. According to the GPS map I was driving through a farm field then a sizeable pond shortly after I bought the truck.
You can buy the latest map updates through the UConnect website.

·
Registered
30 Posts
195 bucks plus 32 for shipping!!!! It already cost me 700 when I bought the truck to activate it. Wow. I’ll just use my phone if the gps can’t find where I’m going. I’m sure FCA is investing all the money into egr improvements😂😂

·
Registered
766 Posts
My GPS went wacky 2 weeks ago and I updated my s/w to the latest which fixed the issues.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yesterday, I tried to use the Nav system on my truck for the first time in weeks. I too noticed that it went haywire and it wouldn't even show the truck on any known roads! The Nav update installed over the air this morning, and the Nav is now fixed. Nice to have the update come through without asking for it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
If you want the newest maps for your truck, FCA seems to run sales about once a year for $99. You could try and call them and say you really want the update for $99. It takes a while to load the new maps and it seemed to help a bit BUT like others, map updates really should be free.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you want the newest maps for your truck, FCA seems to run sales about once a year for $99. You could try and call them and say you really want the update for $99. It takes a while to load the new maps and it seemed to help a bit BUT like others, map updates really should be free.
Yeah, that's what I thought, and I get the 99 bucks notices as well, and they go right in the trash. My Fiat Spider comes with three years free updates, and you do the whole thing in the computer, not the convoluted procedures for the truck or Jeep. I also typically will use the cell phone most of the time for navigation.. I have the Uconnect update on a USB stick ready to go, now to find the time to install it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The over the air Nav update just corrects the GPS problem, no map updates are included. Don't know if the over the air GPS patch is included with the new Nav map updates, hopefully it is. Otherwise, our Navs are useless without this update.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts