RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how or if its possible to configure the system so it doesn't play the radio on startup?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Turn it off before you shut the truck off....

Reactions: Rog and JAK

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Turn it off before you shut the truck off....
How do you turn the radio off when there is no on/off switch? There are mute and volume controls but the radio remains on, and the mute control is deactivated on startup. The only way I have found to silence the radio is to set the volume to "0" or switch to Media which I never remember to do when I shut off the engine.

Most people seem to like the Uconnect system but I find it illogical. The radio is just one example. Also, some features are unecessarily crippled by the legal department.

Reactions: Gypsyjon

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
That is odd my truck has an off button....(radio)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know how or if its possible to configure the system so it doesn't play the radio on startup?
Ditto bump

I have U connect 5 and I cant figure out how to turn it OFF

Like Bigfoot says

"How do you turn the radio off when there is no on/off switch? There are mute and volume controls but the radio remains on"

regards

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ya I was wrong I have no on/off button.... just on/off screen...

·
Registered
523 Posts
And WHY would you turn off the screen? Climate controls, media, time, temp all display there - I'm sure there's more that we need to see.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the 5.0 uconnect. no climent control, no navigation.
for me,most of the options I use are on the moniter screen
behind the wheel. sometimes i just like to turn uconnect off.
so dose anyone know where the off button is? if any!

best regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the 5.0 uconnect. no climent control, no navigation.
for me,most of the options I use are on the moniter screen
behind the wheel. sometimes i just like to turn uconnect off.
so dose anyone know where the off button is? if any!

best regards
As far as I have found out there is no way to turn the radio OFF, with the U connect 5. so that it does not come on at start up, The only solution I have found is to turn the volume down to zero, then you would still have to shut the screen off if you don't want to look at the display.
The radio{"I am guessing here"} must be integrated with the blue tooth application so it has to be on to receive messages, therefore it has no radio off feature.

I cant think of any other reason for the radio to be on at all times. Maybe there is a way to configure it when you turn on/program the Bluetooth application ? Which I have not used yet.

anyone with u connect 5. that uses blue tooth, found a solution?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ok, now I have to go out and look at it again, but, the on off switch is the center of the volume button on the 5.0. Just push. That said, I turned it off, drove somewhere, got out. When I came back and turned the truck on, on came the radio. Very annoying.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You turn the screen off so when you are on a stake-out you can listen to the radio in the dark. LOL

·
Registered
351 Posts
When backing a boat up at ramps in the dark, it is customary to turn the headlights off so you don't send light into the other guy's mirror. When you turn your headlights off, the Unconnect 8.4A screen automatically brightens up to it's daylight setting, even though it is dark out, thereby blinding you in the process. If you remember to turn the screen off before dimming your headlights, it is helpful in this situation. You would think an almost 40k truck would be programmed not to brighten the screen when it's dark out, but hey at least they give you a button.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts