RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Administrator
8,255 Posts
On November 3rd, 2019, all vehicles GPS functionalities (i.e. location, turn-by-turn, date, time) will
be inaccurate.
• Certain connected services applications will lose functionality that depend on accurate GPS.
There will be no error message displayed to the customer.
• Vehicle location on GPS navigation screen will no longer follow the streets on the map.
• Connected services that utilize GPS time will no longer function.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,522 Posts
Oh well. 20th start it will be forced upon me. I don’t have the GPS anyway so could care less if that ability is lost. I figure I still have about 15 starts to go...........

·
Registered
82 Posts
My navigation map has been screwed up for over 3 months. It has me driving across the screen in the wierdest spots. Yesterday, i got the update screen to schedule the update, I did, and after it updated, my time changed by 2 hours. Went to settings, still set to GPS time, but it is off. I had to manually set the time to make it correct. This kind of bugs me. Any thoughts on how to reset my navigation and get my time reset to have it automatically set to GPS time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
From 97hmcs post above and in the TSB.

Vehicle location on GPS navigation screen will no longer follow the streets on the map.
• Connected services that utilize GPS time will no longer function.

So first item started 2 to 3 months ago and the 2nd item (clock) started after yesterday's update. Not sure what else may be screwed up.

·
Administrator
8,255 Posts
My navigation map has been screwed up for over 3 months. It has me driving across the screen in the wierdest spots. Yesterday, i got the update screen to schedule the update, I did, and after it updated, my time changed by 2 hours. Went to settings, still set to GPS time, but it is off. I had to manually set the time to make it correct. This kind of bugs me. Any thoughts on how to reset my navigation and get my time reset to have it automatically set to GPS time.
I'm going to guess your existing issue over the past 3 months is due to a failed sierra wireless 3G card. This is a known problem with the uconnect and the 3G cellular card is required in order for the GPS to function properly.

The 2 hour time change is likely related to the update and I think if you go into settings you can change it to your local time zone.

The bad news is the sierra card is not repairable and if this is indeed the problem you will have to replace the unit. I had mine replaced at about 40,000 miles.

·
Registered
421 Posts
An update may very well mean just bug fixes. Performance fixes, hangs, other problems with the software.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts