RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked on uconnect drive.com last night and found out trucks have a update available. There are a lot of tweaks and changes I found from reading on another site. I did the update last night but haven't noticed anything different this far. Just thought I'd throw this out to the group incase someone is having issues maybe the update will fix.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I checked on uconnect drive.com last night and found out trucks have a update available. There are a lot of tweaks and changes I found from reading on another site. I did the update last night but haven't noticed anything different this far. Just thought I'd throw this out to the group incase someone is having issues maybe the update will fix.
Thanks for the update. Pun intended.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I checked on uconnect drive.com last night and found out trucks have a update available. There are a lot of tweaks and changes I found from reading
g on another site. I did the update last night but haven't noticed anything different this far. Just thought I'd throw this out to the group incase someone is having issues maybe the update will fix.
Very stupid question. How did you do to the update? I tried to find it in settings but could not.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
what version did you install?

·
Registered
231 Posts
You need to do the update with a computer that downloads it to a USB or you can take it to the dealership. Im going to do the USB version this weekend. The notice walks you through the process.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will have to look to see what version it was. You just go to the uconnect drive.com website and go to software update. Once you click there you enter the last 8 digits of your vin and it will show the update. I used google chrome browser and had to disable safe script to get it to work. Internet explorer will probably have to do something similar. Anyway, it pretty much walks you through it then you copy the file onto a flash drive plug it into your truck power on and it starts the update.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I will have to look to see what version it was. You just go to the uconnect drive.com website and go to software update. Once you click there you enter the last 8 digits of your vin and it will show the update. I used google chrome browser and had to disable safe script to get it to work. Internet explorer will probably have to do something similar. Anyway, it pretty much walks you through it then you copy the file onto a flash drive plug it into your truck power on and it starts the update.
Right... I understand that. But it's saying I'm up to date. (Truck was built 8 weeks ago) That's why I want to know the software version.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Does anyone know of a link that shows a work around for those that do not use windows.

I keep getting the message that my last 8 of my VIN is not valid.

I am running Google Chrome on a Linux system.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Does anyone know of a link that shows a work around for those that do not use windows.

I keep getting the message that my last 8 of my VIN is not valid.

I am running Google Chrome on a Linux system.

I am getting the same message. Tried Internet Explorer 11.0 and Firefox 29.0.1 with same results.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I got the VIN not valid as well, but I didnt disable the script. Does anybody know how to disable the script for Google Chrome?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Did a search on google and found how to disable the script and it still doesnt work. I sent a message to customer service for assistance.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Is it possible those with the invalid vin do not need the update? Just a wild stab in the dark lol.
Possible.

But couldn't the system alert me if I needed a update or not?

Not some cryptic message that says I have a invalid VIN. I know that is not true as I just paid over 40K to own my vehicles VIN. I know exactly what my valid VIN number is.

·
Registered
738 Posts
The latest version for the 84A_RA4 is 14.05.03. A little Google work would have found this and then you could have already checked your system for which version you have. You can also find the 14.05.03 on the Net for download. Sure am glad to know how much you paid for you VIN. I got a truck with my payment.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The latest version for the 84A_RA4 is 14.05.03. A little Google work would have found this and then you could have already checked your system for which version you have. You can also find the 14.05.03 on the Net for download. Sure am glad to know how much you paid for you VIN. I got a truck with my payment.

Thanks for the version info. That's the version that any of the newer trucks shipped with.

To all...

If you have the newest version... it will still say "VIN not valid". But since we have a confirmation with the current version number, just check your radio, under the info page, to find the version that's installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same problem "VIN not valid". I just called the uconnect customer service line and the woman said that my VIN probably isn't registered yet because the truck is so new. She said to try again in a week. If that don't work, I'll call back and let y'all know what they tell me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts