RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my ecodiesel almost 3 weeks ago. The uconnect subscription ended the day after i got my truck. Whoever subscribes to this, is it worth the $20 a month for using the app on your phone? I know you get support in case of an emergency but just curious.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So I got my ecodiesel almost 3 weeks ago. The uconnect subscription ended the day after i got my truck. Whoever subscribes to this, is it worth the $20 a month for using the app on your phone? I know you get support in case of an emergency but just curious.
It’s nice to be able to remote start the truck from farther than the key reaches. I have it, but don’t know that it’s 20$ a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
My opinion, unconnect is a total waste of money.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
Other people's opinions are completely useless here...even mine. ( I'm a Uconnect user and fan BTW...)

Allow me to explain my comment. Uconnect offers a specific set of features for a specific amount of money. Only you can decide if those features provide enough benefit for YOU and your use case. In my case I find Uconnect VERY useful and provides sufficient value. Others obviously feel differently about the cost vs. benefit.

Here's why I find Uconnect worth the money:
1. Remote Start from phone. I travel a lot and find it useful if the vehicle is further away then the fob will reach (frequently). Also, starting it right after I land at an airport.
2. Remote Lock/unlock - same...I travel and am scatterbrained sometimes. Almost every time I fly, or park at a hotel, I question whether I locked the car...easy from the phone.
2.1 - I can also use this feature to give someone temporary access to the vehicle.
3. Ability to locate the vehicle any time I want to...useful when my teenager uses it. Also useful if you are concerned about theft, etc. I've also used it to determine if the dealer actually moved the car into the shop during service appointments.
4. The Send and Go function is pretty useful to me as well.

I pay 16.29/mo for Uconnect, however there are times when they will offer a better price if you prepay the year.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Check into Sirius Guardian , My brother uses it with his Ram 3500 ,I believe it’s the exact same as U Connect and it might even be the same ? I believe he payed less than 10.00 per month or 80.00 per year not sure? Sirius always plays money games, negotiate with them ....

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got Uconnect for a year when it was having a sale. Like user 'andymax' mentioned, I love remote starting my truck from the phone when I'm heading out of wherever I am; the mall, theme park, football game, etc. It's nice to get to a truck that has the a/c running in sunny south florida. I like the send n go feature, I still double check with waze or apple maps to make sure I'm being given the best available route. Vehicle finder is great for when your truck is at a shop or dealer and you want to see if it's been moved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts