RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered ram 1500 tradesman CC diesel on Feb 19 and my build has been at status C . I tried to find out why there was no movement to D status. Today I was told that because I ordered 3.92 axle ratio, Ram would not build the truck unless I change to 3.55 axle ratio. I am being told from dealer salesman that Ram changed their mind and will not build ram 1500 diesel with 3.92 axle ratio from this point forward even if I wait longer. My truck is a fleet order but I do not think that would make any difference. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
If your truck was ordered in Feb... it should have been built, since they WERE allowing that ratio. I've been in contact with someone who works for Ram in Warren MI. I can ask if there is a prob.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If your truck was ordered in Feb... it should have been built, since they WERE allowing that ratio. I've been in contact with someone who works for Ram in Warren MI. I can ask if there is a prob.
Don't try too hard. Ontario law says I can get my money back on Monday if my truck isn't delivered. Got my heart set on the Subaru now lol...

·
Registered
698 Posts
I would be more inclined to think the two tone paint scheme would be holding it up rather than the lack of 3.92 rear. Haven't seen any mention of the 3.92 being unavailable on any of the other forums either, just read of one member ordering a 3.92 the other day and he didn't have any problems. But, then you never know with Chrysler.

Donlen isn't listing any restrictions on the EcoD accessories.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered a 1500 CC Outdoorsman on 5 March with the 3.92 gears and it went to Trim today...going to guess it will be done tonight. So I am going to guess that should not be the reason why.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I tried ordering in Feb., and my dealer said computer would revert to 3.55. Called Nick Cappa ( head of ram communications ) and he advised to order after March 12 . My dealer placed the order more like the 20th and as of this am it is in paint. It seems certain options cause restrictions during an allocation and you may have till the next allocation opens. I found his number on line and called getting his voicemail. Left a message and he called back. Told me to email what configuration I was ordering and received 2 emails back with answers which appears to be accurate.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ordered my Outdoorsman April 1st with the 3.92 gearing (going to get rid of the SR-A's and put on some BFG TA/KO 10 ply all terrians 34") and was told the order was accepted. I better check on Monday.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It turns out that when my Dealer ordered my truck the computer did not give him the option of chosing the 3.92 ratio that I specified. He went ahead and ordered it without knowing what ratio it will come with, needless to say I was a little miffed. The whole idea behind ordering your truck is to get exactly what you want and nothing you don't want! Anyhow after a cool down period (and the fact I have already sold my 2006 F150 and am truckless) I agreed to take the truck regardless of the gear ratio it comes with. If it comes with 3.55 I just won't put the BFG TA KO 275/65R20's on it because their 34.1" tall and will have to chose another tire. Currently D-1 status 5-4-14 build date plus whatever shipping time to my Dealer. Waiting SUCKS!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Snyd went with the 20" Black ,Granite metallic Mono paint just for something different I don't know if ordering 17" would have gotten me 3.92's too late now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My tradesman was ordered with 17" wheels and 3.92 axle ratio, they took order but would not build and truck just stayed in C status. After dealer switched order to 3.55 axle ratio truck was completed and is now in shipping. I was never able to get an answer as to why I had to switch axle ratio, but it must have been the combination of tire size and axle ratio for 2014 model year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts