RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed their truck (with air suspension) leaning to one side? I noticed mine the other day seemed to be leaning towards the driver's side. When I measured from the ground to the fender I found a 1" difference side to side (both front and rear). I tried running the suspension through all of the settings and they work fine but there is still the 1" difference.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Sorry mine is the same both sides.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. I measure each day for a few days in a row. It was always off by different heights each time. I haven't noticed lately though.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yes, by design. But, there are position sensors for each corner. I suspect the problem has to do with one or more of these sensors and/or controller.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Measured mine today after sitting overnight in the entry/exit mode. Right side, both front and rear was about 1/2" higher than the left side. I wonder if that is by design to compensate for the camber of the road? Anyhow, will check periodically and report if I get different results.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Reviving an ancient thread because hey, I used the search function. My '16 Laramie with air suspension is also uneven side to side, the driver's side is 1/2" lower than the passenger side in the rear. Anyone else have this issue and get it resolved?

Dealer says they can't find a spec on height variation and some variation is within spec. Yet they don't know what the spec is.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
It seems like a lot of trucks ,regardless of manufacturer have a slight lean and usually to the left , some folks speculate because of weight of fuel tank , my Toyota Tundra had about 1-1/14 inch lean to left , on the Tundra site they use to call it the GangSta lean . :cool:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Mine's the same on both sides. Do you have another dealer to go to?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mine was about 1/2" off as well. I used adjustable links to level the truck. While I was raising those, I also compensated the left side to increase it a little more. I'm within 1/4" all around now.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Mine was about 1/2" off as well. I used adjustable links to level the truck. While I was raising those, I also compensated the left side to increase it a little more. I'm within 1/4" all around now.
Do you recall how much you changed the link length to compensate side-to-side?

Did you make adjustable links or are they available somewhere?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys I fixed my 2016 Rebel air suspension by reprogramming the ride height with the AlfaOBD app it was pretty easy. I made a video of how to do it:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts