RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I had the W58 re-flash done this morning. It's shown as 18W58182 Loss of Crank Position --Reprogram. 0.3hours
The service writer (a former service mgr) said it was a fairly extensive re-flash, more than just the crank sensor.
He said that dealership had only one reluctor wheel delamination/replacement, and that it was a cab-off repair covered under warranty. He also said there would be a check-engine light but the truck would hopefully remain driveable if mine delaminates at this point. No charge.

Next question for GDE, if they're reading along: when will the "fairly extensive re-flash" be incorporated into their system? I'd like to buy now, since the truck may live for awhile.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I had the W58 re-flash done this morning. It's shown as 18W58182 Loss of Crank Position --Reprogram. 0.3hours
The service writer (a former service mgr) said it was a fairly extensive re-flash, more than just the crank sensor.
He said that dealership had only one reluctor wheel delamination/replacement, and that it was a cab-off repair covered under warranty. He also said there would be a check-engine light but the truck would hopefully remain driveable if mine delaminates at this point. No charge.

Next question for GDE, if they're reading along: when will the "fairly extensive re-flash" be incorporated into their system? I'd like to buy now, since the truck may live for awhile.
Good to know that the W58 flash is now available. You are the first to report it - thanks.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The post title should be corrected. Says W68, should be W58. 😁

Reactions: 97hmcs

·
Registered
938 Posts

Hi: wsonnenb... I have enough Rotella T6 ahead for 2 more oil changes. I hope the truck lasts that long LoL!!! No B-B warranty left so I only go to the stealership for recalls.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I had my truck (2016) die last week and I was just told this was the culprit. Just under 90,000 miles on my truck. Estimate to fix is just under $1600.

I did have the big recall done and I have the factory extended warranty so I am expecting it to be fully covered. We'll see if they try to weasel out of it. Think it will be pretty hard for them at this point.

update: just got off the phone with my dealer. They said it is covered under my extended warranty. I may press them on this as I suspect they see it as a way to at least get my $200 deductable out of it. Knowing there is a recall, I will try to push them that I shouldn't even have to pay that, but I suppose worst case, $200 isn't the end of the world.

·
Administrator
9,287 Posts
Well, I had my truck (2016) die last week and I was just told this was the culprit. Just under 90,000 miles on my truck. Estimate to fix is just under $1600.

I did have the big recall done and I have the factory extended warranty so I am expecting it to be fully covered. We'll see if they try to weasel out of it. Think it will be pretty hard for them at this point.
Hopefully FCA cooperates as they should.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts