RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have no clue. I received a recall notice a while back for the U07 but when I go to the Mopar site and input my Vin number, it is nowhere to be found.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I went for the AEM I told the service person that I did not want the auto park.
He told me they no longer installed the auto park. Well when I got home and started to hook up my travel trailer
I discovered that I have the auto park now. I am guessing it is now part of the AEM.

·
Registered
727 Posts
When I went for the AEM I told the service person that I did not want the auto park.
He told me they no longer installed the auto park. Well when I got home and started to hook up my travel trailer
I discovered that I have the auto park now. I am guessing it is now part of the AEM.
Thanks for the "discovery". That confirms the rumor for sure - that U07 was pulled and incorporated into/with the V08.

·
Administrator
8,308 Posts
That makes sense John and Jeeptek said the same and he has access to FCA info. I had the V08 and for some reason still no auto park thank goodness.

·
Registered
727 Posts
97hmcs,
Could you have had the AEM before they included the U07? If not, it remains a mystery.

·
Administrator
8,308 Posts
97hmcs,
Could you have had the AEM before they included the U07? If not, it remains a mystery.
I never had it and when I went in for the AEM I specifically told them I didn't want the U07 and was told it didn't show in their system for my truck. I did ask if it was now part of the V08 and the service writer said no ( they don't always know). I'm wondering if it wasn't part of the V08 and I didn't know I had it because I never tested it before going back to the engine and trans tune.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Based on cyclegeo and Jeeptek's reports that it's probably safe to say U07 is now part of V08. Maybe others will chime in and confirm yea or nay.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had AEM done on my 2015 on 5/15. U07 AutoPark Functionality was listed separately from V08. I tried it out several times and it did work as advertised. But now it does not, after installing GDE tune it is gone, my tune is GDE offroad option, no transmission tune

·
Administrator
8,308 Posts
I had AEM done on my 2015 on 5/15. U07 AutoPark Functionality was listed separately from V08. I tried it out several times and it did work as advertised. But now it does not, after installing GDE tune it is gone, my tune is GDE offroad option.
So mine was likely tuned-out too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had the V08 done on July 19th and asked the service advisor about the auto-park update and was informed it didn't apply to my 2016. When I called a week earlier and spoke to the service manager he said it would be applied when the V08 gets done, he even connected the update to the Star Trek actor who was killed. I checked after the V08 and I could still open my door in drive without the seatbelt buckled. A couple of months ago I actually had most my body out of the truck thinking it was in park but it was in drive and it started slowly rolling. Luckily the wife yelled "the truck's moving!" I had the parking brake on but not tight enough so I was disappointed I didn't get the update. I don't like the rotary shifter.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I requested the same and was told the U07 was not listed for my truck.
Those were the the exact words my dealer used but after the AEM it was there. Called the dealer to complain and they repeated that they did not install U07 so it must have been incorporated into V08.....sucks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just took a look at the mopar site and my shows the U07 needs to be done. I've done the AEM and its checked off. Anyone else has the U07? Sucks because I'm newly tuned and I have to go in and get an oil leak fixed

·
Registered
766 Posts
Just took a look at the mopar site and my shows the U07 needs to be done. I've done the AEM and its checked off. Anyone else has the U07? Sucks because I'm newly tuned and I have to go in and get an oil leak fixed
Mine now shows U07 as well even though they already updated it with the AEM. It is not a mandatory recall, just tell them NO.

Funny (not for me) that Auto Park was not part of your AEM while it was for mine.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Took mine in for the AEM update, as well as oil changes for it and my wife's jeep. Handed the U07 recall notice to the shop foreman. His computer showed nothing for my truck, just as the ram site indicated. I have a '15 model. before the update when initially applying pressure to the gas pedal, nothing would happen and then it would sort of jerk, as in pedal being too sensitive. That is now gone, and it accelerates smoothly. I can't tell where it is dead as many have indicated. Where the truck now shines is on acceleration from cruise speed. Before, say cruising at 60, and you stepped on it it would gradually accelerate, and passing at this point required attention to say the least. Now it immediately downshifts and gets on with it. I could not figure out before why the slow acceleration at cruise, never thought of it not downshifting. Regardless, I am very pleased with it. I didn't try the few small hills we have around here that my wife said her Jeep now downshifts in cruise where it would not before the update. I kept mine floored manually, too much fun! I will take it out of the garage later and see if it goes into park with door open. Forgot to check for it. $500 later, two oil changes and some cabin filter her jeep needed changing according to the shop. and we are home

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just checked, and indeed it appears that the U07 recall is part of the AEM update. Put it in Drive or reverse, open the door, and it gently stops. The orange drive or reverse light blinks continuously.

·
Registered
194 Posts
And one more thing, as I was getting ready to pay today, I inquired about their procedure to inform FCA of the recall work done. She pointed to another lady in the room by a computer, and said that as soon as we paid, she would send to FCA

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'll be damned the U07 shows available for my truck now, just had the V08 done 2 weeks ago and the U07 wasn't available.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The service receipt only shows the V08? or whatever they call the AEM update, and I was standing next to the shop advisor as he went on his I pad to confirm it was the only recall active for my truck. I know for a fact, lol, that the truck would keep on going with the door open before this recall was performed.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts