RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
my Stock 2017 will not shift out of park if the door is open.
However, I can defeat that interlock with my cheap little seat belt receptacle fake buckle I got on ebay.
I still get the dash alarm, but can drive it/backup with the door open.
For those of us who go offroad occasionally, or want to tool around the farm or gun club without a seat belt on, or with door open,
that little buckle insert is the best $5 I've spent.

·
Registered
727 Posts
^^^^^^
I ordered a set also just to have in case. Only 1.70 for a pair on eBay from China.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 15 and got Auto Park with the AEM but was not informed of the Auto Park update or function. I have another post about not being informed of the Auto Park change and the dealership not knowing about Auto Park as part of the AEM.

This is how Auto Park works in my truck. If I have the seat belt on I can move the truck with the door open. I can close the door and unhook the seat belt and move the truck. With the door open and seat belt off and I select a gear the selected gear light will flash and the truck goes into park when you release the brake. Even though the truck is in park a message pops up saying the "Truck is not in Park."

My issue was I backed up with my dump trailer, put the truck in Park, unbuckled the seatbelt and opened the door to exit raise the trailer dump bed. The load slid out but I needed to pull up about four feet for the load to clear the tailgate so I could shut the tailgate. Being in the mid 90's it never crossed my mind to shut the door or buckle up to pull the truck up four feet. I never had an issue before, all I knew was the truck was stuck in park and would not move, the gear selector light was flashing with a message say the truck was not in park when the truck was hung up in park. It all went down hill from there.
ECL

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
the title says only one piece for 88cents , then again in description ==>> 1pc .
so you got a better deal at $1.70 for 2 , inflation ....still it is a lot better than other options on
amazon at $15 to $20 for 2 .:)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Kaz,
Thanks for the heads up. You are right, clear as a bell, 1x and 1 piece. The picture still shows a pair and I didn't look any further.

Crash,
The extender is bulky, I just wanted something easy to stow. And, 1.70 is nearly free these days.

:p

·
Registered
600 Posts
I just click seat belt before moved. Like setting up camper on its level blocks. Cause I will stand on the step bar and look over my shoulder to see wheels on the camper ando land it on its blocks then when I'm done. Un click it and carry on. I thought it would be a PIA to move camper around after update. Really not to bad and remember why it's there. To keep truck in place without you in it. So I don't think it's a bad thing. A bit startling when you forget about it. Done that kinda a stark reminder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t know but I felt like a total idiot at the boat launch. I had about 5 people trying to help figure out why I couldn’t pull my boat out. Almost lost the boat, trailer and truck in the water

·
Registered
65 Posts
I believe this can also be disabled in AlfaOBD I noticed it as one of the programmable options when I was tweaking some settings in my truck. It’s called Autopark you’ll want to set this to no or not set can’t remember the specific terminology it had, but it’s in there.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts