RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The family made a journey from the Upper Peninsula to Detroit. We traveled along two lane highway to the Mackinac Bridge for a total distance of 188 miles. The truck averaged 51 MPH and finished with 31.6 MPG. From the bridge to Detroit (around 300 miles), the truck speed was 71 MPH and averaged 29.3 MPG. The total MPG was 29.6. The truck ran very well and the CEL did not come on.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The family made a journey from the Upper Peninsula to Detroit. We traveled along two lane highway to the Mackinac Bridge for a total distance of 188 miles. The truck averaged 51 MPH and finished with 31.6 MPG. From the bridge to Detroit (around 300 miles), the truck speed was 71 MPH and averaged 29.3 MPG. The total MPG was 29.6. The truck ran very well and the CEL did not come on.
Did u happen to come along US2 or across the top? I love the UP. Luckily this troll is not far away. Yoopers will know what I mean by troll

·
Registered
505 Posts
Great mileage for your trip. Nothing's better than cruising in luxury down the highway in your 5500 plus pounds truck while knocking down 29 MPG.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
US2 was the route. It seemed like a shorter trip than normal. The truck's XM was a wonderful addition. Trolls and FIBS always invade the UP during hunting season.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Great mileage for your trip. Nothing's better than cruising in luxury down the highway in your 5500 plus pounds truck while knocking down 29 MPG.
I scaled mine at 6250 with a full tank of fuel. Assys are rustproofing, spray in bed liner, bed mat, and 50lbs of stuff under the rear seat.

Great mpg to the OP!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts