RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And just like that the 2 USB ports in the center armrest stopped reading. Yesterday, with my phone connected via USB cable and a USB stick plugged in, all functions worked fine. Android Auto booted right up and tunes from my usb stick played.
This morning, regular routine, plugged in the phone and no Android Auto. I tried different cables and both usb media ports, nothing. Then noticed the usb stick is t being read in either port. Phone is charging, just no info is transmitted to the head unit.
Phone connects fine with bluetooth and Android Auto launches on my phone, but I prefer Android Auto on the trucks screen.
Any thoughts why the 2 USB ports would both suddenly fail?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Did you have two phones plug in or were you switching your single cord between the ports? If a single cord between the ports, check the cord for corrosion on the ends or switch cords (there might be a break) and see if the problem persists.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Truck is a 2018 Gen3 ED and must have been monitoring my online vent/rant because a few hours after I posted this I went out and everything was work as normal. Who says the Interweb isn't monitoring us

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Crazy.

You have a Generation 2 Ecodiesel. The new Gen 3's just started to be sold in the 2020 models. They have a different motor in that lots of the engine components have been changed. They are also in the new chassis that is different for the Ecodiesel.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My 2014 would do the same thing as does my 2018 Duramax...extremely frustrating when you need the handsfree ability for a call.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far the few glitches that have popped up seem to self correct after a restart, so I'm not TOO concerned

1 - 8 of 8 Posts