RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I were riding motorcycle today running errands for her. I stopped at the dealer to see if they knew about a liner inside the fuel filler tube. They knew - none. Spoke with the sales manager and out comes a story.

Seems this truck came in without being ordered. It just showed up and then some guy came in, saw it and bought it. He went home, hooked up his boat, went to the ramp and discovered it was two-wheel drive. Drove it in this morning and traded it on a 4 x 4 Hemi. 100 miles.

The truck has 100 miles on it. Did I say the truck has 100 miles on it. Fancy thing it is.

Now don't ask me. Sales manager at Firkins Chrysler in Bradenton, Florida is Dean Serafine. He knows. Call and ask him 941-748-6510.

You can tell him the Captain and Pam told you. If you come to Florida to get it, I could pick you up but you must buy me a beer. Dean mentioned its' his to sell right now. Since there's big demand and they have really only ever gotten this one to sell, it might be wise to ask about it now. My experience with Firkins and Mr. Serafine has been wonderful. They give you a "deal".

·
Registered
641 Posts
It sounds like a cool road trip to pick up a "new" truck! My problem is I would have to come back the next day to return it after I realized it did not have 4x4 : )

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's not a proven fact. Sales manager told me the story and it's his theory that the guy did not notice it was not a 4 x 4. That's the only thing he could figure that made any sense.

Guess it's the old story..."Day old and a dollar short".

·
Registered
279 Posts
Wonder if the person at dealership made a boo boo when they ordered... sure there are 2 wheel drives out there, but most have to be 4 wheel drive... and the dude bought it, and sitting in the truck, starting it up, doing the walk through, he did not notice there were no indicators for 4 hi-4 low?
that one is a shocker... hell he may have been so fired up, he did not think to look.... but dealer got a sale out of it... nice looking truck.... but here where I bonded with the snow shovel more times than I can remember this winter, it's 4x4 or nothing.

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealership never ordered that truck. They were surprised when if just showed up. Buyer happened to come in and just bought it with no pre-planning.

He towed his boat, wanted 4 x 4 and brought it back to trade.

Been a couple days now. Probably sold but I'm not checking on it.

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't know any other details. Doubt I will check back to ask. Never heard if anyone bought it. Advertised, like this, it should sell quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts