RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2016 eco diesel in to have 2 recall issues fixed. One, the shifter update UO7 was done. when I read the service document, no VA7 was completed! Even though I specifically mentioned the new current re-flash to the service writer.
My "service advisor" didn't know what it was and I had to go home and look it up for him. Still waiting to hear back from the dealer. Anyone else having this issue? This from a huge FCA dealer I went to.
Thanks!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Took my 2016 eco diesel in to have 2 recall issues fixed. One, the shifter update UO7 was done. when I read the service document, no VA7 was completed! Even though I specifically mentioned the new current re-flash to the service writer.
My "service advisor" didn't know what it was and I had to go home and look it up for him. Still waiting to hear back from the dealer. Anyone else having this issue? This from a huge FCA dealer I went to.
Thanks!
Which issue? Having to go home to look it up? Definitely dont have that issue. Either way it's no surprise the dealers dont keep up with everything

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
861 Posts
VA7 is not listed on mopar.com as applicable to my truck, and I would assume not your either. It appears that FCA sent out the letter before they officially issued the fix.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI, update on VA7 recall: dealer called today, he doesn't have the decal to install under hood that FCA requires!
There is a decal on my hood for the VO8 recall already.
The VA7 applies to my Ram per the mopar operations "RECALL & CSN STATUS GUIDE".

·
Registered
48 Posts
Acids anyone know if you have to have the vo8done before the va7
Are do you get the va7
Are is the vo8 updated to correct the old problems
I haven’t had my done yet

·
Registered
48 Posts
Acids anyone know if you have to have the vo8done before the va7
Are do you get the va7
Are is the vo8 updated to correct the old problems
I haven’t had my done yet
Anyone know the answer to this?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got my V08 done about a week ago, I assume they did the VA7 at the same time, when i got in the truck to leave the dealer the pedal lag was completely gone. From what i understand the VA7 is not a recall it is a reflash or something like that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got my V08 done about a week ago, I assume they did the VA7 at the same time, when i got in the truck to leave the dealer the pedal lag was completely gone. From what i understand the VA7 is not a recall it is a reflash or something like that.
Thanks I’ll see about getting it done

·
Registered
65 Posts
I received my letter informing me of the new update. Claims to fix the hesitation with cold engine. Since I have the SKT tune I really don't want to risk getting this done and messing up a working engine. At some point I'm going to need to get the EGR cooler replaced and I'm sure they will reflash the ECU. Not sure how that will work with the SKT tuning.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I received my letter informing me of the new update. Claims to fix the hesitation with cold engine. Since I have the SKT tune I really don't want to risk getting this done and messing up a working engine. At some point I'm going to need to get the EGR cooler replaced and I'm sure they will reflash the ECU. Not sure how that will work with the SKT tuning.
Can I see a picture of the letter? I had the recall done and would like to see the lag fixed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
My truck was just in the dealer for the past 2 weeks getting a new old style EGR replacement. Mine's a 17, so it doesn't qualify for any of these updates that your speaking about, but they must have reflashed something with mine, as it drives totally different now in the cold weather. No pedal lag at all or anything like it had before they worked on it. They also reset the whole emissions system, so now I need to put a few hundred miles on it before it will go back to its normal regeneration process.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My truck was just in the dealer for the past 2 weeks getting a new old style EGR replacement. Mine's a 17, so it doesn't qualify for any of these updates that your speaking about, but they must have reflashed something with mine, as it drives totally different now in the cold weather. No pedal lag at all or anything like it had before they worked on it. They also reset the whole emissions system, so now I need to put a few hundred miles on it before it will go back to its normal regeneration process.
They could have flashed it with VA7 not knowing its technically only for 14-16 trucks..

·
Registered
424 Posts
The 17s have throttle lag. If the new reflash eliminates it, then the 17 18 and 19 should get it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yes but unfortunately it doesn't work like that.. 17-19 were sold with crappy performance from the factory after the whole emissions debacle. 14-16 trucks were sold back then with a much more performance oriented tune and subsequently updated with the crappy 17-19 lag tune. VA7 brings them back to a state closer to what they were sold with..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts