RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't think RamCares will say outright the dealer doesn't know what he's talking about (we can often see that for ourselves) but from my observation, trucks 'in for repairs' ie. are losing coolant and in a loaner vehicle, are getting prioritized.
I've noticed that most of the old, original posts complaining about truck stuck at the dealer for weeks/months and in a loaner, have quieted down for the most part. Granted, there may still be a few and those that only recently dropped off/into a loaner like I did just a few weeks ago but for the most part I think those that were stuck at the dealer up 'till the parts started coming in, have been repaired. Another exception to the above may be high service-volume dealers that have many more trucks 'in for repair' than the part restrictions will allow for a speedy repair.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
I don't think RamCares will say outright the dealer doesn't know what he's talking about (we can often see that for ourselves) but from my observation, trucks 'in for repairs' ie. are losing coolant and in a loaner vehicle, are getting prioritized.
I've noticed that most of the old, original posts complaining about truck stuck at the dealer for weeks/months and in a loaner, have quieted down for the most part. Granted, there may still be a few and those that only recently dropped off/into a loaner like I did just a few weeks ago but for the most part I think those that were stuck at the dealer up 'till the parts started coming in, have been repaired. Another exception to the above may be high service-volume dealers that have many more trucks 'in for repair' than the part restrictions will allow for a speedy repair.
Perhaps a better way to handle the issue would be to not say "parts are available", but that your truck will be addressed by VIN number unless you have coolant loss.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm so glad my 15 got done. Dealer called to see whether I wanted it done and I said yes and she said she would get it ordered. Took about 3 weeks to get the EGR and I dropped the truck off the night before so the tech would have a cool engine. 5 hours later I get the call that it was done. Had some other recalls done as well including a poor ECM update, but that was fixed the following morning. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Took my '15 Laramie to the dealer today for an oil change and its 50K mile check. $1K dollars later we have an oil change, differential, transmission, fuel systems fluids and filters changed, and one recall, forget which it was. The EGR recall parts were ordered, they get one per week, and there are 17 trucks in front of me. Oh, and tires rotated. I do oil changes every 5K miles, and other than new tires recently, this is the only time I have spent money on the truck. It actually only has 47K miles, but close enough. I am very pleased with it, really have no complaints at all, our FCA dealer is wonderful. We also took my wife's Jeep Eco diesel for an oil change, and they gave us a new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Gladiator to drive. We have purchased a few jeeps from them and they really want me to have it. At 56K retail, I may need to sleep on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been on the "EGR recall list" with my dealer for months. After coolant level dropped again this month I took my 17' Eco into dealer on Wednesday for low coolant level check. 3 Eco Diesels lined up waiting for EGR recall. They said had to order parts and gave me a loaner truck to drive. Called me back 2 days later on Friday and said all done with install. Service rep said they received 2 EGR kits on Thursday. My new EGR has a date code of March 11 2020. Must have a few around still to get to dealers.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bah I wish my dealer would have got the parts....when I called a week before mine caught on fire. They said they had no fix available...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does anyone know exactly what is replaced during the EGR cooler replacement? Obviously the new EGR cooler. But any other parts anyone knows about? My dealership oddly enough had ZERO problems getting the EGR cooler, but they are having problems getting the correct "spacers." I haven't seen anyone reference spacers in any of the posts on here. They said Mopar sent them the right EGR cooler, but the wrong spacers. I had actually asked them the check the EGR cooler, because if the spacers were wrong, who was to say the EGR Cooler wasn't the old model. They insists its good. But, now the spacers are on back order, and its pushed this a few days trying to get the right ones. Can anyone confirm these phantom spacers exist?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My repair order dated July 20, shows "1 CSNDVB12AA Bushing". I got a similar story: cooler (CSNDVB11AB) came in one week, and then the bushing came in the next week.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Called the dealer yesterday to make the appointment for VB1, but asked them to check how long it would take to get the new cooler in stock. He checked with the parts counter and said don't bother making the appointment the cooler is on backorder until April 2021!

I thought it might be a coincidence as the original date was April 2020, maybe he made a mistake on the year? he double checked and guaranteed it said 2021.

Called another dealer to confirm and was told the same thing. At least the second dealer took down my name and number and said they would call when the cooler is available again. I'm 3rd in line.

Is anybody else hearing similar?
Your experience sounds just like mine, I contacted my local dealer here in Montgomery, AL. today about competing the VB1 recall. The dealer told me that I was #60 in line to have this recall completed. He said that their was a back log on getting the new EGR in from FCA. He also stated that they were only completing 1 recall every three weeks, he said at this rate it may be the middle of next year before I can have the recall completed on my truck. You would think that FCA would have their act together by now.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Does anyone know exactly what is replaced during the EGR cooler replacement? Obviously the new EGR cooler. But any other parts anyone knows about? My dealership oddly enough had ZERO problems getting the EGR cooler, but they are having problems getting the correct "spacers." I haven't seen anyone reference spacers in any of the posts on here. They said Mopar sent them the right EGR cooler, but the wrong spacers. I had actually asked them the check the EGR cooler, because if the spacers were wrong, who was to say the EGR Cooler wasn't the old model. They insists its good. But, now the spacers are on back order, and its pushed this a few days trying to get the right ones. Can anyone confirm these phantom spacers exist?
There are two parts to the recall. The EGR and then the installation kit. The installation kit contains, among other things, some bushings. They are probably the spacers he was referring to.

Here's an example Updated EGR Part # ? 🤔

81 - 90 of 90 Posts