RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of all the WDH's you have used over the years, do you have one that stands out to be the best for the regular person to use? TIA.

·
Super Moderator
3,221 Posts
I've had great experience with the Andersen and would recommend it. Its very universal or adjustable for trailer size light quiet and easy to use. It also does a pretty good job of both weight distribution and sway control. Nice WDH to work with. Out of the traditional style I like the Husky Centerline best quality design engineering and materials IMO. The high dollar Pro Prop is the best at not even giving sway a chance to start. Great if you have a really long flat square TT and a light short tow vehicle or think you need to tow at speed. But four or five times the cost, heavy, and largely requires to be hooked and unhooked on level ground. Its a bit more complicated but will not allow sway and can more precisely dial in weight distribution.

Pretty much any appropriately sized WDH will work well within reason if set up right. This can generally be done with measurements but is best and concretely done by truck stop triple scales. I would avoid the generic for shotty quality control and poor metallurgy. Also old design hitches that don't have sway control built in but rather must be bought as an add on friction bar that has to have its own ball and have your trailer frame drilled for attachment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts