RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The owner of the runaway Cummins is a former EcoDiesel owner and a member on our forum as well , His thread is up to 9pages of speculation and basically disbelief. No one is the questioning his credibility of the post only guessing circumstances that lead up to a runaway blown engine. Some folks think circumstances from running off the road did something to the trucks wiring causing the runaway? Again most folks just shocked ....

Owner went back to scene and figured out angles ,appears the rear wheels where 5ft lower than front wheels .Owner is also trying to figure out who should pay for engine,his own auto insurance? Try to get FCA/ Cummins involved and pay ? Something to think about if you slide off the road in freezing temperatures and maybe you have a young family or elderly folks with you ,Do you shut off your truck or leave it running and risk an engine ?

IMOP .... Cummins/ FCA should be sending engineers / technicians very promptly to the exact accident scene and try to re-create identically the runaway engine circumstances....
When I worked for cummins we had an ISX15 brought in that ran away. The factory engineers said it was highly unlikely, but they had a DFSE there the next day. It had in fact taken off and burned it’s own oil until it tossed it’s cookies. It was the only time I had seen that occur while I worked for the company.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts