RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2017 1500 Tradesman Ecodiesel 4x4 Quad Cab 3.55 Gears
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There isn't much said on the slowness of the Ram1500DIESEL.com site. And I have to consider it's a local issue, but I don't think so.

All other web traffic to/from my house is fast. I have cable internet with 150 Mbps download, and 10 Mbps upload. Real world speed test to a server outside of Alaska this morning is 133 Mbps down, 7.4 Mbps up. I've tried clearing the cache. I use Chrome.

But inside this forum, site traffic is very, very slow and has been for sometime.

Anyone else having this issue? Even if you do not, I would still like to hear from you.

·
Administrator
8,719 Posts
I experience the same from time to time. It's generally not bad, but sometimes it seems to hang way to long. When it's slow, all other sites are normal so it's definitely related to this site.

·
Administrator
8,719 Posts
I actually get this Error 504 very often, but didn't want to complain like some members do. Afterall, I don't pay a dime to view the site.

Sourdo, I'm glad you posted about this so maybe someone can figure it out. I always thought it was some kind of glitch that would eventually go away.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wonder if those who spend more time here see it more often. I'm here more than I like to admit. Maybe I need to get a life. Lol.
I need a life too, lol. I'm here probably a half dozen times a day, although I'm only posting once every few days.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Slow every time from Canada.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
slow here too , other sites come in instantly , brand new very fast computer , so not the computer.
this site takes longer , it is something recent ,
also whenever clicking on the email link after notification '' View Discussion ''
it takes me to the thread , BUT , now the site does not remember where I was last in that thread ,
takes me to first post of thread and no longer to the post refered to in the email notification ,
on top of that it takes me to the page , but I have to Login , even with box checked '' keep me logged in ''
is this some way to force us to pay for the optional membership ???

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't get any 401 or other errors, but since the upgrade to the new format, the forum gets slow to the point I do something else.

I feel it's a server issue, maybe talk to the IP Host about it?

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
did it again , after Russell ( Sourdo ) posted , I got email notification ,
clicked '' View Discussion '' took me to this page , BUT ,
1- page was white , no memory of my ''' Dark Mode '' preference
8- had to Log IN , then page turned to Dark mode
3-scroll down to post , because page opened at post # 1 ,

it did not do any of the 3 things mentioned before 3 days ago .

small stuff , just want to be scientific about describing the changes happening .
all this at regular fast speed , page coming in , and editing , no '' slowness'' at this time .

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Glad I added Ad Block to my Google Chrome ,
I never see any adds , exept for the one Brokedown just added to his post .

·
Registered
38 Posts
A little while ago I tried adding to this but when I hit Post reply it hung up for over a minute and then crashed. So yeah, it's been twitchy.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Update : never mind the strange behavior described in post # 14
(( white page , Log IN necessary , and wrong post after email notification )) I just used my other computer
that runs win 7 ultimate , and it did not do any
of the strange stuff , so all the crap is with my win 10 Laptop , gotta be related to some settings
on my laptop that changed after a windows update ,
this reply was instantaneous after clicking button .

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update : never mind the strange behavior described in post # 14
(( white page , Log IN necessary , and wrong post after email notification )) I just used my other computer
that runs win 7 ultimate , and it did not do any
of the strange stuff , so all the crap is with my win 10 Laptop , gotta be related to some settings
on my laptop that changed after a windows update ,
this reply was instantaneous after clicking button .
Kazi, it goes up and down. Today the forum is breezing right along for me too.

The forum slowdowns are real though, but not consistent.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts