RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a web site where you can put in your VIN number and it tells you what is in your truck?
There is a web site for VIN number for Chev's, that how I found out the Tahoe I bought was not what the same as the dealer stated.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
369 Posts
the web site doesn't work if you bought your truck after April 15..........you can call 1-800-9921997 with the VIN number and they will give you the status of the truck.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did go to the site and it did bring up my VIN information. The site did give some information on the truck that wasn't on the window sticker, like self tinting outside mirrors and a couple of other items too. What I was hopping to find was whether the truck has a external transmission cooler. Best I could find was "Maximum Duty Engine Cooling" which I guess/hope means large radiator with engine oil cooling lines and added package 2TM but nothing telling me what that package contains.

·
Registered
438 Posts
That is great information!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Interesting, found out I'm getting a power rear sliding window. Wasn't expecting that or heated rear seats for that matter. Should have read the list of equipment better before ordering lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting, found out I'm getting a power rear sliding window. Wasn't expecting that or heated rear seats for that matter. Should have read the list of equipment better before ordering lol
Great you will really like the power rear window and heated seats. Reading too deeply is not always a good thing. We read the window sticker on our truck and it said the truck had factory running boards which weren't on the truck. So we had the salesman add the running boards to truck after the deal was already done. After getting home and pulling the VIN number information we read where the running boards had been deleted. So that saved us about $600.00 as we were gong to add the running boards ourselves. :D Too bad the window sticker didn't show a cab high shell also.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Any trueth to the estimated delivery dates?

My Estimated Delivery Date has come and gone. They moved the RDD to today May 29th. Is there any accuracy in the RDD given on the 1-800 number or is it just a swag (wild assed guess)?

·
Registered
369 Posts
estimated delivery date means nothing.......mine was May 27. I just called the 800 number...... the guy I spoke with was very nice.....he said my truck is in Detroit.....waiting to be shipped. who knows when I will get it!! I am guessing another week or two! he suggested that the issue might be the delivery....they need to fill the trucks going this way to deliver it........sucks..............

·
Registered
200 Posts
I called the 1800 number again this afternoon. I must have talked to the same fellow you did epiphysis, but at least he was able to give me more info than the others i talked to. he told me my truck is still in Michigan awaiting train transportation. well the wait continues. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts